Rohan Inspiration and Concepts

Would like to see a few homesteads with this layout.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Citation for the rear gate and its stairs:

A broad stairway, climbed from the Deep up to the Rock and the rear-gate of the Hornburg.

The Two Towers, Chapter VII

EDIT: Oh, OK, you were talking about that thin Dunharrow-like thing. I didn’t even saw it. I understand better why you were talking about a plateau now.

I just found out the map is clearly inspired by Fondstadt’s, btw:

6 Likes

Grimslade/Lumer camp 1 inspiration

@Benzathoth pls

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Building Tips & Tricks (External links)

3 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

Early 14th century village recreation model (from Darwin Reforged discord)
Not sure if its quite the right time period but there’s definitely some stuff in there that could be of use.

Summary

6 Likes

Rohan/woodsmen

12 Likes

Would love to see this stone/thatch mix somewhere in Rohan. Possibly Upbourn and Underharrow?

6 Likes

Some rohan inspiration pictures. Not quite the style but still looks good.

5 Likes

I went today to these amazing cristal, stalactites, stalagmites caves in Domme, this is really cool for Aglarond. Dont know if this would fit in rohan or so maybe landscape inspiration thread. Sadly I wasnt allowed to make pictures inside because it would damage the cave. I Just copied these from the internet

13 Likes

From MyRustyGun on the CR discord - perfect example of a linear settlement.

6 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

I’d like to see some yurt/tent concepts for the nomadic herdsmen in the Eastemnet.

5 Likes

From lavakid on DR

4 Likes

i really like the second picture, in which they build their tent. Perhaps we can include this as a detail.

4 Likes