Rohan Inspiration and Concepts

I was going to post a Rivendell capture on Twitter but this is too hot to pass up!

Made by Monsterfish himself

10 Likes

“Many woven cloths were hung upon the walls, and over their wide spaces marched figures of ancient legend, some dim with years, some darkling in the shade. But upon one form the sunlight fell: a young man upon a white horse. He was blowing a great horn, and his yellow hair was flying in the wind. The horse’s head was lifted, and its nostrils were wide and red as it neighed, smelling battle afar. Foaming water, green and white, rushed and curled about its knees. ‘Behold Eorl the Young!’ said Aragorn. ‘Thus he rode out of the North to the Battle of the Field of Celebrant.’”

9 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Whats this one, from? It’s pretty awesome. I could have used it for my Beorning homestead.

my guess is KCD, artstyle looks similar to another concept art I saw

1 Like

and just a general search for West Stow.
Also maybe as some input for Edoras and other towns:

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Aldburg?

4 Likes

@wheellee’s Orthanc drawing

Honestly the best version imo, if we make Orthanc look like this i’d be so happy.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Whats this from?

2 Likes

Is there any book reference to that switchback stair up to a plateau above the Hornburg?

edit: Also, this is the design we’re going to try to emulate for the keep:

https://turnermohan.deviantart.com/art/Helm-s-last-stand-400995832

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be from this game, which is strange considering the pictures I can find online by searching it aren’t similar at all:

Forn: I know, but it looks compatible to me. More inspiration sources can’t be bad, anyway.

1 Like

Homestead built by Redranger on DR

5 Likes

Would like to see a few homesteads with this layout.

3 Likes