Mithlond (The Grey Havens)

Alright, for the outer farmlands, could we have a ruined village somewhere and maybe a few leftover walls? And maybe piled up rock just to show that it used to be much bigger.

2 Likes

This I would be fine with as long as there are barely any walls left because those would ruin away quickly.

There is something im starting to see in south mithlond that I have a bit of an issue with. A lot of the interiors (mostly on abandoned buildings) seem to miss some details that I end up adding later sometimes.

I want each interior to follow 3 basic concepts.
1: The elves have been leaving middle earth for thousands of years. Buildings have been used as temporary shelters while the grey ships are loaded, and prepared for sea. The houses while kept habitable usually will have papers, packing supplies, and boxes littered around the floor. As the elves leave these buildings abandoned once more, objects might be found about the place. Like an empty wine glass sitting on a dusty table, not put away as the elves had to leave for their ship.
2: I want every building to tell a story. Picture in your mind what the last inhabitants of the building in question did. Were they drinking? Were they writing a book, or reading through one? Were they sitting around the fire and singing elven song till dawn? Did they leave suddenly in the middle of the night, not having time to properly clean up after themselves? Put these ideas in your head when you build these abandoned buildings. Same could be said for inhabited ones. I want to walk through a story when I enter these buildings.
3: Always add a detail till you can’t add anymore good ones. I want to see these last two concepts put into one vision. You have a unique opportunity with these buildings, to leave your own creative mark on the server. Take your time. I’d rather have incredible builds instead of a lot of decent ones.

Thank you for reading and hopefully this gives you some ideas. -hoppingharry

3 Likes

A great great wall has been built on our Southern Borders.
If a section is red I do not want anybody building, or immigrating to it.
If a section is green, you should be building on it for it is a great section.

Here is the first section for you to work on. You can see it in game marked by green wool.

3 Likes

Been noticing a drop off in activity. The first section isn’t even done yet. Whatever other projects or concepts you may be working on, log into the server with the mentality that Mithlond is your first priority.

It doesn’t matter if someone’s name is above a building, if it’s in the open section you have full permission to work on it.

We need to get the city done this month.

2 Likes

Section 1 is finished! Section 2 is now open for building! I hope to get this section completed before Sunday!
This section is marked by green wool. The old section is marked by purple wool and should not be touched!

1 Like

Weren’t we going to try to transition the block type or something the make the coasts disappear into the water?

Not sure I understand you.

The hard line betweeen gravel and bedrock. I thought we were going to do some sort of gradient to transition the color darker so it fades away in the water. It’s just very noticeable when looking through the water in the bay.

1 Like

You could have a go with Voxel if you want.

Maybe just have the bay arround mithlond be not as deep so we don’t need the bedrock there.

When making the ceilings in Mithlond don’t do them like this:

Make them look more like this:
http://imgur.com/c3A9vwU

Make the ceiling look like it have beams running across. Makes it look a bit more realistic.

http://imgur.com/wSiLtR1

Reference:

6 Likes

Section 2 is now complete!
We are skipping section 3 and saving it for a build day.
Section 4 is now open! You can find Section 4 by using this image, and using the wool in game!

5 Likes

Here is a reference image for each sections ID number!

1 Like

There will be a build day on the coming Saturday, the 11th. We will be working on section 5 (see map above). I will be leading it in the morning, and then Ben will be taking over in the second half of the day. Please try and make it on to do at least one interior, we aim to have finished Mithlond completely by the end of the month. If you can’t make it on Saturday, try to do an interior this week, or on the Sunday where possible.

3 Likes

EDIT: Cirdan’s mansion is all that remains in section 7. Section 3 is now open for building.

9 Likes

Amazing speed everyone, let’s keep it up!

4 Likes

Section 8 (Palace) is now all that remains! There will be one last build day in Mithlond the 25th, so make sure to participate!

http://i.imgur.com/UIog3Jt.jpg

7 Likes

I made a copy of the village just outside Mithlond. If anybody wants to work on ruining it I believe @Fornad wanted it ruined like (Celhant? Nand Calen?).

1 Like

Like Celhant

2 Likes