Harlond

im going to be offline for the next week or so, im planning to launch my own rpg server next month and i am currently building the map, if you need to give the barracks to someone else, otherwise ill be back in a week or so,
-blocks

Some vineyards, both working and abandoned in this valley?

I absolutely agree, vineyards would be awesome.

On the steeper areas there?

3 Likes

Carpenters Guild Application

Will feature a lobby, conference room, guild masters office, small workshop downstairs, an archive, kitchen, toilet, and some offices.

5 Likes

Awesome once again. I have nothing to add, accepted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stables application:
Imgur

Imgur

Could use way more detail. Like a fully completed interior.

1 Like

Btw, I changed my ingame name a while ago to P1eter. Could someone change my name on the forums?

Done. I think you could have done it yourself though.

3 Likes

No application is needed for stables, finish the building on FBplots and I will paste it in if I like it. But right now it seems too open, look at the one that is already finished inside of the city, itself for some inspiration.

2 Likes

Thoughts on expanding the docks a bit? The fleets that docked in Harlond, Forlond and Mithlond filled them up but currently Harlond feels like it couldn’t dock that many ships. I appreciate it’s smaller than Mithlond but expanding the docks along the coast doesn’t seem unrealistic.

It’s not like the big ships would tie up right alongside the harbour. They’d drop anchor near the city.

It’s still quite a small harbour for a city, but just my thoughts

There’s a beach just north of the city on the eastern side of the bay. Could add docks and a shipyard there as well. Maybe some connected houses similar to what you see at Tirannui? Would make the bay feel more alive and busy.

1 Like

I’d leave the docks till last anyway.

Maybe just warehouses n stuff, but something basic like this beautiful MS paint drawing.

3 Likes

Glaridon is now helping me with some small farmlands on the other side of the marsh.
-Two fields.
-A few farmhouses.
-Abounded logging camp.
-Tannery.

3 Likes

Red section is now open! Pretty much the rest of Harlond. Only build houses marked with signs, still laying out some stuff. :wink: I will also update the guide in a day or two.

7 Likes

I’ve had a bit of a re-think about the lore of Harlond. This shouldn’t increase your work - in fact, it should reduce it drastically.

So in Mithlond, we have a plausible explanation as to why the abandoned houses are somewhat maintained. Elves would travel from other lands and stay in the Havens for a while before sailing west, so spare houses would be needed.

However, in Harlond, this is not the case. Once an Elf (or an elven family) left their home, nobody would come to live in it. I suggest that the remaining Elves would - if they had no other use for it - knock the building down and create gardens in its place. The Sindar, after all, loved the woods and nature.

As a result, I suggest that we only have a few recently abandoned houses in Harlond, and cut/paste the other ones into the red section - meaning that the total number of houses in Harlond won’t increase from now on, they’ll just be more spread out.

This will a) be less work for you and b) make the city feel more unique - unlike the towns and cities of hobbits and Men, which are often filled with houses everywhere, Harlond will feel like a mix between a city and a forest.

Thoughts?

1 Like