Harlond

Yeah, absolutely. However I’m not sure where to have it or could I place it in the palace somewhere? Also, was talking to King, and maybe have it as a build competition when we get the new plot world. Not sure tho, but yea.

It would work fine as the main feasting hall of the palace, yes.

3 Likes

I will open the next part of Harlond tomorrow sometime. It is quite huge, almost half the city.

Also a short reminder, there is still someone who have unfinished stuff in Harlond, they need to finish that before doing something new.

5 Likes

Next part of Harlond is now open!

Feel free to find a plot you like, I think there is at least 50 houses in this section.

Stuff to apply on:

• Smith guild
  • Architects guild
  • Masons guild
  • Carpenters guild
  • Musicians guild
  • Central square
  • Central park
  • Theater
5 Likes

Hey Kemce! Could you update the guild section of the harlond guide? I think everyone would like to know what you specifically want for each guild. For the farmer’s guild it was pretty specific but i noticed some descriptions were missing.

Thanks, MrOctober

1 Like

Sure, I’ll make a more in depth description of each guild tomorrow sometime.

1 Like

Whats your opinion on angled roofs?

1 Like

Would tie Mithlond and Harlond together nicely, hope it’s added. It seems the Noldor style will rely on more decoration rather than curvy roofs.

Yea, if it is done right, all good. :slight_smile: I don’t want to many angled roofs, but some here and there is fine.

I think you misinterpreted what he said. He means slanted, not the mithlond ‘shape’ of the roof but the actual crest of the roof curves into other roofs rather than sagging.

Yeah i mean “slanted”, as in one peak high and one low. There’s a nice one in Southern Mithlond that I think you actually did Kem. That’s the type i’m working on for my current house.

Architect’s Guild Application

Will be adding in offices, a library, conference room, a kitchen and a small dining area. Plus an area with a counter of sorts where the public could have contacted the architects for whatever reason. In the guide it says it’s abandoned so i’ll be replacing some of the lights that are currently still lit/on.

8 Likes

Really nice, this is exactly what I want guilds to look like. Accepted

5 Likes

@Kemce The road you’ve made going down into the valley is much too wide for a small farm road.

@Fornad Alright

Also Ytsen and I is doing the Masons guild, so there won’t be an application for it.

1 Like

Map

Gazebo concept

Harlond style garden which I’ll use
Application for central Harlond park.
Map Key
-red is benches
-light green are small trees
-dark green are larger trees
-blue is fountain
-white is gazebo
-grey is terracing
-beige is roads
Note: the map is just the main features, and there will be some other smaller paths that aren’t depicted if i am to build it.

The lower section of the park will be more manicured with smaller trees while the upper section will have larger trees and a bit of a wilder feel.
Criticism welcome - Nat

2 Likes

Nice! you see the path to the right for the fountain, you can connect that path with the road at the bottom. And also be careful to not block the view of the bath dome with trees when following the main road to the right. Anyway, this looks really good. Accepted.

2 Likes

Hey, a short Harlond update here, the progress has been going really good lately, I want to give a quick shout-out to @Ryiw, @blocks119, @creepyboy666 , they have all build around 5 houses each in short amount of time, thats awesome!

We are also getting close to finish the section we are working on. When that part is done, we are pretty much half done with the city, not counting the palace.

When there is only special buildings left, I will try to open more stuff for you guys to build. I will also apologize for being slow at approving houses, I will soon start on a new full time job, so not sure how much time I will have on the server, so don’t expect me approving houses fast, it already takes some time for me to do it. Don’t forget: If you are waiting approval, you can start a new house.

Several people have been asking me if I’m going to have a build day for Harlond, but personally I’m against it. I mean, the idea behind how I have laid out Harlond is to make it easy for people to build, if they want to. Build days might have the opposite effect, Like Mithlond had only good progress on build days, and a lot of the buildings people started during the build day didn’t get finished. So for Harlond I’m trying to avoid that!

Harlond is going pretty nice, people are building houses and applying for stuff without me asking for someone to do it. BUT I’m planning to setup a build day in the future for the Harlond Palace with both interior and exterior work, should be pretty fun to work together on one building. :slight_smile: .

That’s it I guess.
-Kem

6 Likes

Theater Application

Inside there will be a dressing room, wardrobe, storage area and other things for staff. Also in main lobby there will be area for buying tickets. Green area next to the theater will be small park.

9 Likes

Right now I’m glad you didn’t see the theater part in the Harlond guide. Because this looks awesome and really cool. Accepted!

2 Likes