Gondor Inspiration and Concepts

Might be a reference to mcme’s DA?
Fucking ignorant autists.

4 Likes

7 Likes

It’s nice, but the thing I liked about the inspiration picture you sent was how simple some of the architecture is. I think you can have too many details on a building and so lose the overall shape. Talset333 (on the CR discord) is a master of this.

1 Like

Bridge for the Roman aqueduct on Oued Guetoussia (Dougga, Tunisia)

6 Likes

Maybe everyone got the reference they just like the opportunity to shit on you.

3 Likes

just to clarify i didnt get the reference. Tho im not as big of an mcLOTR nerd as you guys. (no offense) but i looked up mcme dol amroth and it doesnt look like the pic at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECoNzSbMbuI just sayin.

Yah that’s their 4th version or something, the one Eaglz built looked a lot like Bree

1 Like

http://www.antoine-helbert.com/fr/portfolio/annexe-work/byzance-architecture.html

1 Like

that was the war harbor of Carthago. Would be great to see that harbor somewhere!

6 Likes

I think instead of blue roofs for DA, it might be more authentic to use blue plaster - especially for the high class houses.

3 Likes

santorini_2_view_560

Seems like you are all describing Imerovigli

3 Likes

painted in 1936

Get thee gone modernist

1 Like

do you mean plaster roofs, because if not, i used plaster on my first concept as this was my initial idea. Tbh i think sandstone doesnt really look that good with blue plaster since it has kind of a cobbly texture. also, did you have DA in mind to be more yellow or more white overall?

TBH, the whole day I was at work I kept going back to the thought of the village being too modern. But, other then that, it’s ‘almost’ a mix of Mediterranean and Elvish in its style. It just seems then words, blue and plaster, made me think of this.

1 Like

Painted image of thessaloniki back in the day.

Maybe something like this could look cool for DA, some blue plaster in the houses like you suggested but with brown-red AND blue rooftops.

3 Likes

I know Anime is sometimes shit but i really love this city :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

The city is ruined partly(the elder and higher culture) but there still dwelled people and build houses but they never reach the elder days

5 Likes

pretty famous structure but it really fits to Gondor. It was a bridge to transport water to the city.

1 Like

would be neat to have an abandoned/ruined Lighthouse

3 Likes