Dwarven settlements in the Southern Ered Luin

Placing them against the wall helps. If in doubt, ask someone else to check if it’s fine. It seems that the textures aren’t bugged for some people, myself included.

When everything goes exactly as planned.

All interiors were completed today. We have 120/120 interiors in Bizar-Filatin, with some mining tunnels done and more laid out. The large house hall, the street, the cavern and Ytsen’s house hall were all finally completed and project blocks were removed. Now all that’s left is the cesspits, the forges, the reservoir, the noble mansion, the lake entrance and the mining tunnels.
Basically: It’s all down to Guan and I now. Exceedingly good job to everyone that participated, even those that got a little annoying after a while.

8 Likes

I personnally undid all (I hope) the derps I sowed when I “corrected” the drawers after the last RP update.

If not it will not be hard to find them once fixed.

It is said that their live less dwarves in the north ered luin than in the South, that is a problem because it is now the opposite, so I suggest to make khalath giri intact and inhabited and make a few abandoned settlements in the South ered luin Who left for khalath, bizar or thafar. What is your opinion about this? And make mineD abandoned.

1 Like

I can tell you there are currently far more beds in the southern mines than the northern ones. Just because the north has more mines, that makes no difference as they’re all small (and some abandoned) apart from Thorin’s Halls.

4 Likes

It will all depend on how big Thorin’s Halls is going to be. If it’s twice as big as Bizar, then the north would far outnumber the south. If it’s about the same size of Bizar, the north will still pretty much be even with the south. Maybe add one more settlement to the south? This settlement would not be a part of my project however.

1 Like

How large would that settlement be? As large as thafar maybe?

Progress update: As far as i know all that’s left to do are some interior updates, and the noble mansion, which is now in progress. After that’s all done i’ll be doing a final check on the settlement and add or edit stuff where needed(mainly just adding some more clutter here and there to make some corridors and stuff less bland).

7 Likes

As you can see on this report, everything in Bizar-Filatin is green.
You know what that means: After however fucking long it took, I’m proud to say that the dreamland world egg fuckmaze that is Bizar-Filatin is finally done. Greens all over the board, including my happily green-painted noose. Rejoice.

12 Likes

The revamp of Thafar-Damith has begun. All the houses have been marked and revamping them can begin.

Almost all of them are low-class houses, so keep that in mind.

7 Likes

Ladies and nice guys in fedoras, the interior updates in Thafar-Damith have begun proper, with more houses being completed than there were before. This makes me ecstatic. Most of the main stuff in the mine has been finished already, so I’ll be devoting energy to the interiors to get them updated and finished as soon as possible, preferably before school starts up again.

As such, I’d just like to lay down some general rules for updating. Since most of the houses in Thafar-Damith are low-class houses, I’d like to generally eliminate all use of smooth limestone and polished andesite (formerly ‘large bricks’). Middle-high class houses can have them, but in moderation, since Thafar-Damith is poorer than Bizar-Filatin, so these things would be hard for the dwarves to get. Also, we just have more dwarven blocks that look and work better.

Also, be sure to remove any and all stone (ID:1) that you see in the cave walls in Thafar-Damith. Stone trapdoors in houses are alright, but its presence in the blue mountains was a mistake from the start, so please don’t use it or suffer it to remain. Also, do make sure to use the new dwarven paintings as much as you can (with reason, of course).

EDIT: An additional point - please don’t use the dark gray stone bricks, as that’s an elven block, or the weathered stone brick in houses. Please use the dwarven blocks more.

8 Likes

Also be sure to fully update the exteriors, getting rid of any brick blocks, limestone and polished andesite and stuff.
I’ll make a warp to an example house of what i think they should look like when done.

EDIT: Also don’t forget to update the ceiling shapes if possible. Try to get rid of any flat ceilings and turn them into arched or domed ceilings. If that’s not possible due to a lack of space (like if you only have a single block to work with because there’s a floor above), it’s alright, you can just make it look good and be done with it.

EDIT: Type /warp examples to check out the example houses.

1 Like

Khalath-Giri (settlement 2) is now an open project. /warp khalath-giri will take you to a guide go trough this guide before you start building. The guide will tell you how to do the furniture in this mine. Also marked a example house make sure you check this house out before you start making your own.
IMPORTANT : 1 Do not use limestone in the houses as it is not a resource common to the area around the mine
2: Do not touch the exteriors in the main housing hall. If you have a problem whit the exteriors ask me if it can be changed.

7 Likes

As mentioned in the most recent meeting, Thafar-Damith has 7 interiors whose updates haven’t begun and 6 interiors that are in progress or in some other state of flux. As such, there will be a Dwarven Build Day™ for Thafar-Damith this Saturday the Seventh to try and get the rest done. Once all the interiors are done, Thafar-Damith is done.

2 Likes

@LucPoppel has also finished Khalath-Giri (pending approval from the overall leaders)

2 Likes

The Dwarven Build Day™ begins. Come one, come all. If you can’t find a house a to do, then I can assign you one. I hope to be able to finish Thafar-Damith today, so help will be supremely appreciated.

3 Likes

MRW
The build day is over, and so is Thafar-Damith. A rather short but productive build day. Thanks to everyone to contributed and Beat.

7 Likes

Fantastic work!

I believe this leaves only the coal mine and lumbercamp in the eastern foothills. @Soap887 and @Guan, what are your plans for these?

1 Like

No plans yet.