Dwarven settlements in the Southern Ered Luin

Well the warp isn’t going to remain ‘mine4’

1 Like

Maybe simply new mine ?

Is there a dwarven word for “mine” you can use?
or some defining feature that could help refer to it?
E.g: Iron Mine or Southern Mine and translate that into dwarvish?

1 Like

Good idea Glov.

I think Southern Mine could be translated as “Thikîl Faraku” or “Furuk Thaiku”. The second one seams to be more natural.

Iron Mine would be translated as “Zirin Thaiku”.

Edit: Btw Fornad, don’t forget to put an ^ on the i of “Filatîn”. :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t forget, it’s just that most people don’t have î on their keyboards.

That name sounds good though.

2 Likes

Hello people, upcoming Sunday, the 29th, we will be taking a break from all the Mithlond stuff and have a build day at Bizar-Filatin (mine1). This build day will be house exteriors, interiors and for those who want, mining tunnels!

Hope to see you all on since Mithlond isn’t the only place in need of finishing. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I won’t be there for most of the Build Day, so Lone Ranger Guan will be your host for much of the day. I’ll set up some of the mining tunnels on Saturday in advance and do some laying out of houses.

Modest success this build day for Bizar-Filatin. Five, probably more, interiors got done, the last feast hall was completed, a segment of the mining tunnels got done, the pub/cafe thing on the street got started, a corridor got done, a water-collection dam got started and the main street is two interiors away from completion.

Eh. Not bad, but it could be much better. As much as Mithlond needs to be finished, so too do the mines. While most of the reason I feel people didn’t come to this one is a lack of sufficient announcement (I noticed a lot of people coming on without noticing it was a build day), I have a feeling people just didn’t want to come on because they aren’t good at Dwarven or they feel it’s not as much of a priority as the black hole that is Mithlond.

Now, I can understand that, but considering that most of what needs to be done in Bizar-Filatin is interiors (113 total, with 11 unfinished and 25 not started, and there will be more), and the Forlindon and Arnor map sections are coming up some time soon, with new projects and all, the mines really should be sped up, preferably before they become a miniature Mithlond.

I definitely take your point Soap, but I think that the server can only really focus on one big thing at a time (with a few side projects) due to our numbers. The mines are still being treated/seen as a side project - this will change once Mithlond is done, hopefully next month. Dwarven stuff will become the focus.

4 Likes

From now on Oriol396 will be co-leading Khalath-Giri to speed up it’s progress. I trust him to be able to plan the settlement out pretty nicely along with TedTomstone.

5 Likes

Resident necromancer Soap here, bringing a dead thread back to life.

But that’s not the only thing I’m bringing back to life, as this Sunday (26th March) there will be a Dwarven Build Day™ in Bizar-Filatin for the interiors in the mine. I know you all thought you were finally safe from the Dwarven Build Day™, but I recently looked at the report (this one), and it seems that we have 104 interiors done out of 121 total interiors. This means there are 17 interiors left to do. I’d like to thank the many new builders who graced the mine with their talent for that.

In any case, 17 interiors: 2 in the cavern, 2 in the large house hall, 4 on the street, 1 noble mansion, and 7 in the largely untouched small house hall. Five of these interiors were already started and just need finishing, so that’s 12 interiors open to do until the mine is complete. This was too good an opportunity to me to not open a Dwarven Build Day™. I’ll also be powering through some mining tunnels during the build day, as it gives me an opportunity to get started on something I can’t be motivated to do under normal conditions.

I hope to see a lot of you there, especially since Mithlond is done now.

7 Likes

I just remembered that I won’t be there on Sunday, so the build day will instead be on this Saturday.

2 Likes

MRW you mention “new builders”

I only did one house though, but shh! Don’t tell anyone!

1 Like

The build day begins.
Since yesterday, 17 interiors has gone down to 16 interiors.This makes me happy.
Come one, come all.

3 Likes

How do you do interiors when the furnitures are still bugged? I ask this because my dwarven house is pretty much on hold for now since I really don’t feel confortable making the interior with the pack’s current state …

Everything that is messed up is fixed in the merge, and gets converted. Are you talking about a house in the server itself?

Basically, it’s as King says. The merge will fix almost every texture problem in some way or another. In terms of your Dwarven house, I’m afraid I’ve already had someone else complete it, since it wasn’t up to standard.

2 Likes

OK no problem. But the fact is, how do I know in which direction I should place the blocks if they don’t show the proper texture?