Landscaper+ Application: KongtheMonkey

Player name: KongtheMonkey
How did you find out about us?: I saw the server in a youtubers video (Dukonred1)

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: Georgia, USA

**Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:**yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I spend a lot of time on Ardacraft and would like to say that I helped and im big fan.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin

Portfolio: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Scene 1: Raised Peat Bog. bodies of water can form several metres higher than the surrounding landscape. The Peat is covered with a variety of vegetation that have adapted to the acidic wet climate.

Scene 2: Overgrown River Shore. On the shore of a river tall reeds and other grasses grow offering a safe habitat for wildlife and giving suitable breeding grounds for animals such as fish frogs and birds.

Scene 3: Desert. A dry area with cracked soil and rocks. This climate is harsh and only certain plants have adapted for surviving the heat

Plot ID: -34:27

Are there any types of landscapes you are particuarly interested in building? For example, coasts, forests, mountains, etc.: I would be interested in working on wetland areas and fields.

Other relevant skills: World Edit, World Painter, Texturing

3 Likes

Thank you for your application!

For scene 2, could you build more of the river bank? The transition from the water to dry land could be represented better. Take a look at the Wetland document for more info (riparian zone):

1 Like

Will do

1 Like
1 Like

Looks good - welcome to the team!

Make sure to use the ArdaCraft Overlay when working on the server:

You’ll be able to see the #landscaping channel on our Discord now, which is where work is co-ordinated. Have a read of this document - it explains how the landscaping team works and the roadmap for the future.

All relevant docs can be found in the Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1PcL3LLouJuOWoLr3LfgsoRfV70AlxXF1

1 Like

Chosen project: Cheddar Gorge

I have chosen Cheddar Gorge. It seemed like a fun project to try. At the moment im trying to get the shape as accurate as possible.

4 Likes

5 Likes