Terms of the merge:
- We will use CR instead of the ACBlocks mod.
- We will continue to have our own RP, but it will be an overlay on top of default Conquest, rather than its own pack.
- CR will add all AC blocks that require adding.
- CR and AC will be linked via bungee cord - there will be no need to log out of one and into the other, and any player will be able to switch with a command (i.e. /server CR, /server AC).
- There will be no cross-server chat, and ArdaCraft will maintain its own rules and style of administration. However, it is expected that any AC player going to CR will respect and follow their rules.
The reasons for this action are as follows:
- We’ve struggled with adding certain features, especially models, for a while, as we simply don’t have the people to do it. CR have those people, and plan to add more cool features in the future (i.e. blocks which produce custom sounds for atmospheric purposes).
- Our block updates have been erratic and unorganised in the past - again, this is partially a manpower issue. By letting CR manage these updates, they will be both more regular and more organised.
- AC has an issue with training builder applicants to be better at building. CR is built around improving builders who are new to Conquest, and thus we should see a steady stream of skilled builders who are experienced with Conquest applying.
- Finally, we are bringing both communities closer together in the hope that it will foster greater interaction between the two.
If you have any questions, please listen to last night’s meeting first (10:47 onwards)