Harlond

Ah f**, I forgot about dale, the point was. Harlond is a unique place, and now is the chance to build a house in that style before it is finished.

1 Like

Hey everyone! First I want to give a quick shout-out too @Aptipild @kisos, they have both been doing some great work at Harlond the last weeks!

We are getting close to finish Harlond!!! Here is what we need to work on, if you find anything interesting message me on discord or ingame.

Outside of the walls:

http://i64.tinypic.com/xoe99f.png

In the city:

• I need people to work on the mansions, maybe team up with someone and work on a beautiful elven mansion.
  • There are a few more houses to build.
  • If you are just willing to do interiors ask me! And I will find something for you to do.
  • I also need some fishing boats.

There will most likely be a build day for Harlond in two weeks or something where we will work on the palace! More info later.

8 Likes

Just my opinion, but maybe cut down on the towers on the Palace. It kind of makes the view a bit too crowded.

1 Like

Hey guys! Be sure to jump on next sunday, because the long awaited build day is near! We will have our first Harlond build day! The plan is to work on the palace together and get some stuff done.

6 Likes

By ‘next Sunday’ do you mean the 12th or the 19th?

I mean 12th :wink:

2 Likes

Tomorrow the 12th we will have our first Harlond build day.

We will be working on the palace together, it should be plenty of stuff to do, exterior, interior and gardens. I have been laying out stuff and made tasks to do. Just fly around and find something that looks interesting and work on it.

Some color codes to keep in mind:

Cyan: You have full permission to work on it.
Purple: Ask Kemce for permission.
Yellow: You have full permission to work on it, but the exterior needs to be done first.

./warp harlond palace

Let’s finish Harlond!!!

7 Likes

Haven’t heard much from this project in a while, what’s going on?

4 Likes

Yeah, I know. When it comes to Harlond I have had a motivation meltdown of some sort. Going trough every house for the 3th time killed me. I would like if someone is interested to finish Harlond for me, except the palace. If you are interested message me on discord and I will tell you what needs doing. Shouldn’t take too long. :slight_smile:

-Kemce

11 Likes

After discussion with @Kemce, we’ve decided that @Natanyagrad, @creepyboy666 and @Ryiw will now lead Harlond to completion. They will be updating each house with the new blocks, and finishing off everything outside of the walls.

Congrats and massive respect for @Kemce to have come this far :smiley:

11 Likes

Hi all, I want to announce that Harlond is done except the palace, really thanks to @ryiw and @Natanyagrad who helped a lot with this project, I saw when finishing it that it was huge, so I have much respect for @kemce. Though, Harlond isnt done yet. We need still much help for the palace. If you are interested: look for signs in the palace. thanks for reading.
-creepy

6 Likes

Thanks for your help guys! The valley on the eastern side of the city still needs natural work to make a nice transition between the foothills and lower lands, but that can be done when all the trees and bushes are saved.

2 Likes

Sure we shall work on it☺️

1 Like

Regarding the vegetation around harlond, there is lack of consistency, notably as you pointed out in the eastern valley. Would be useful if someone who knows their geology/plants to give some pointers as to what we should use.

Other thing is that the sandstone blue mountain foothills to the east of harlond are rather bare and vegetation-less with only pines scattered about when it comes to trees. This might be normal in which case its all good, but if not just wanted to highlight this so it can be addressed at a later date.

2 Likes

Hopefully the plants guide gets finished soon. However, it shouldn’t be beyond you to look up this stuff yourself.

Given what happened in the region I wanted those foothills to look fairly bare. They could have some more vegetation added though - but only if someone wanted to step up and work on them.

1 Like

I would love to work on them with Nat and Ryiw since the hills are part of our project, but only if I have the right information about the vegetation in that area.

1 Like

Hey guys, long time since last Harlond update.

It is now time to do a last push and finish Harlond. Therefore we are going to have a final build day Sunday 23th.

It is mostly interor stuff we will work on, but more information about that later.

Harlond looks stunning, and thanks to everyone who have contributed so far. We are almost done, hope to see you there for a final day. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey everyone! Harlond is officially DONE!

We was able to finish Harlond sunday the 23.07.2017. Thanks to everyone who helped on the final build day.

Harlond started in june 2016, we have been working on this project for a while. I want to give some special thanks to:

@creepyboy666, @Ryiw, @Natanyagrad for leading Harlond for a period. They did a good job with updating houses and finishing the farmland.

@blocks119, @Ryiw, @creepyboy666 built around 10 houses each, if not more! Cheers!

Thanks to @Ytsen, @Hearthseeker, @MrOctober77NY, @Glov, @Natanyagrad for leading smaller projects inside of Harlond. (Guilds, squares, parks, etc.)

Thanks to @Guan for building the insane bridge.

Thanks to @Aptipild for building the new theater and @Ryiw for the old theater we sadly couldn’t use. (Its on fb now.)

Thanks to @wheellee for making awesome textures for Harlond.

And thanks to everyone who have helped in any way. Thanks!

Some screenshots from start to finish

14 Likes