Eastfold Homestead 4

Player name(s): Hellaroh

Player rank: Builder

Private or Public: Private

Location name: Eastfold Homestead 4 (EFH4)

Lore: See Eastfold thread.

Overhead plan:

RED: House
BLUE: Leatherwork Building
YELLOW: Stable
SANDSTONE: Path

Estimated population: 20 (8 in house 1, 12 in house 2)

Terrain: Terrain basically done.

Reference Imagery:

3 Likes

i would probably make the stables diagonal along the field next to it and slightly bigger, other than that looks pretty good.

3 Likes

I’d second this. Stables need to be much bigger and along the field would be nicer

2 Likes

No problem, I’ll change the plan and post it here.

2 Likes

New plan with improved stables:

Everything else is the same.

3 Likes

buildings should be longer and thinner imo. Level out the terrain a bit if you need to

2 Likes

Only if it still looks natural. A big distinction in the EF style is allowing smaller houses because of the terrain

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a weird round hill where the main house is laid out that already looks unnatural tbh.

but yeah smaller houses are cool but if they’re too wide then the roofs become far too high and make the whole house look disproportionate (like what we’ve got across most of Eastfold). From the plans here, these builds are wider than both the buildings in the reference imagery and the anglo-saxon longhouse type buildings right next door in Schephurst… yet they’re half the length.

If you levelled out that round hill according to the green contour lines below then you’d have a far nicer, flatter area to work with and you’d be able to lay out buildings in a more accurate, “longhousey” way. I just think it’d be nicer to do this here considering how close it is to the Folde and Schephurst (very much longhouse dominated) so it provides somewhat of a transition. Same applies to EFV2 tbh.

3 Likes

Yeah well I took house sizes from EFV1 and EFHAM1. I’ll make a new plan following those guidelines and post it here again. (Third time lucky!)

1 Like

After discussing it with @Darkkiryll, here is the new plan:

The houses have been made longer and the stable has been made bigger and has been moved to the bottom of the hill. The leatherworker is now a grubenhouse and has been put on an angle.
(Please ignore the yellow line to the right, the Dynamic map didn’t update.)

2 Likes

Considering it’s a horse stables I’d not have a leatherworker and just a grubenhouse or weavehouse instead, other than that approved to start.

4 Likes

Homestead is finished!

2 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

This is not done.

Hi Hellaroh, a couple things:

• Your interiors, especially in the larger house, are a bit bland
  • The roof gradients are way too neat, they just go straight across for the most part
  • You haven’t done anything with the surrounding area. I’d expect there to be allotments/animal pens, granaries or grubenhouses, and other details to make it seem a bit more lived-in. Please refer to homesteads and villages throughout the Folde.
4 Likes

Hi, sorry about that. I messaged Dark to say I’d finished the buildings and nothing was said so I assumed it was ready. I also now realise I didn’t finish the roof gradient of the large house, but I’ll change all the gradients for good measure. I’ll make those changes to it! :+1:

1 Like