Arnor Inspiration and Concepts

3 Likes

Here is a nice video explaining some structural methods used for building houses and castles. I think it’s really useful to watch when you are building on the server.

6 Likes

Shad is great :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Ruin of Castel-y-Bere (Wales)

5 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

From CR Discord

3 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes

Amon Hen 2bh

4 Likes

Those stairs are from an old mansion in a town just West of me in NH. Never been before, but whenever i get around to going I’ll take pictures.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I know Arnor’s pretty much finished, but there can never be enough ruin inspiration

1 Like

There’s still plenty more to do in the area south of the Shire

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Arnor

8 Likes
Summary

‘Suddenly he (Aragorn) stooped and looked at the stone on the top of the cairn; it was flatter than the others, and whiter, as if it had escaped the fire. He picked it up and examined it, turning it in his fingers. "This has been handled recently,’ he said. ‘What do you think of these marks?’

On the flat under-side Frodo saw some scratches: ‘There seems to he a stroke, a dot, and three more strokes,’ he said.

‘The stroke on the left might be a G-rune with thin branches,’ said Strider. ‘It might be a sign left by Gandalf, though one cannot be sure. The scratches are fine, and they certainly look fresh. But the marks might mean something quite different, and have nothing to do with us. Rangers use runes, and they come here sometimes.’

Is it possible to represent the ranger markings ? I was thinking of leaving some natural white marble rocks on top of small cairns in some ruins to indicate the passage of rangers.

4 Likes