It’s been long requested and we now have an official wiki!
This is still work in progress and as you can see some of the pages just show something like:
id: resourcepack title: Resourcepack in the title. This is because I have not filled out the actual body of the wiki page.
I need the communities help with filling out the wiki, suggesting improvements or new wiki pages. I have asked in discord for any guides or wiki like pages that have already been made, and I’d like to add more if people have them.
Contributing to the wiki:
The wiki uses Markdown for it’s styling, which is the same format the forums use! This means that it’s easy to copy stuff from the forums to the wiki.
If you want to create a guide, or have created a guide, It needs to be with markdown format. Please post guides in this thread, or create a new thread and ping me on discord that you’d like to add it to the wiki.
You can also fork the Github repository and make a pull request of your changes if you are familiar with Github. This is also a good place to look at example docs, which can be viewed in the
docs folder. You can view the markdown code by clicking
Raw on a specific .md file.
Things to note on formatting:
A good guide to use for markdown formatting can be found here
the top of your page must start with something like:
--- id: intro title: Introduction ---
The id is the actual file name, and the title is the actual title shown.
You can have sub categories, that show on the right side of the page using markdown headers
# H1 ## H2 ### H3 #### H4 ##### H5 ###### H6
Images would be best if they were uploaded to a site such as Imgur, and not under a specific account, so it won’t get deleted.
Pages can be added to the left list of wiki pages by editing the
sidebars.json in the
website folder. Let me know if you want to add a wiki page where you’d like that page to fall under. I can also create new categories if needed.
List of current wiki pages
- Introduction - A simple intro page
- Installation - A guide to install the launcher, and manual modpack
- Mods - A list of mods that our modpack uses
- Support - A few helpful articles on how to deal with some known problems
- Resourcepack - A description of the RP, how it’s formatted, and how one could contribute. Something @wheellee could work on?
- Commands - A list of all commands formatted based on ranks
- Plugins - A list of plugins the server uses
- Development - Links to dev things
- Plants / Nature - A guide to all things plants and nature, I need help with this.
- Geology - A guide to all things geology. We’ve had something like this, but I cannot find it.
- Farm - A guide to how farming works. @Benzathoth this would be all you.
- Project planning - A guide on how to plan projects
- Arnor ruins - A guide on how to build Arnor ruins
- Rohan houses - A guide on how to build rohan houses
I’ll update this list as more are added.
I hope we’ll be able to fill out this wiki with a lot of relevant information so we have an easy place to link to when newer players have questions (or if older players need to look something up).