Hey everyone. We overseers have been talking about how we can improve several issues, mostly related to builder applications and the process of projects. I will give a summary of what we have talked about and what changes will happen.
Here is a short list of the problems we need to fix:
- Builders not capable of building in our standards. Project leaders often use a lot of time to fix/redo stuff people build. That’s why we are going to have a more serious builder application routine to higher the standard.
- Many of our projects has not been well thought out. As a result, we have to interrupt, change project leaders or set it on hold.
- Similar to point two, new builders applies for projects and after a few weeks they are gone.
- Easy to lose motivation if you lead a project, because you are pretty much the only one building on it. The attitude of helping other projects is quite bad.
- Builders not understanding the concept of realism.
The changes in builder application process
There is two major changes we are going to do when it comes to builder applications.
- We overseers have a new routine on how we handle the builder application. It’s about introducing new people better to the community as well as pointing out how to improve their builds.
- The apprentice rank is right around the corner. This rank will give them permission to help out while improving.
When someone is getting accepted for apprentice rank we will give them this information:
Alright, You have improved a lot, and you are showing some skills in our building style. We’re not going to use more time on the builder application process because we think you will be able to build on the server. Therefore I will give you our “Apprentice” rank. Welcome to the team and please read the information below carefully!
Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:
When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.
ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However when we are dealing with a enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.
Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.
Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.
Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.
So the idea is when someone gets the builder rank after apprentice rank, they could go to any of the work in progress projects and by following the in-game guide be able to build a good house and get approved. I want every builder to keep an eye on the builder application process in the future. This leaves me to the next point.
The changes in project application process
Some of you might have seen, we have updated the requirements for projects application. The two biggest changes:
- You can now apply for private or public projects. Private if you want to do the entire project alone, or only have selected builders to help you. Public if you want all builders to help you. PLEASE NOTE: All Public projects should be fully planned out in wool first, have an in-game guide, and a sign at /warp jobs before other builders can help you.
- In-game guide requirement. Let’s say a new builder or apprentice is logging in on the server and nobody else are online and they want to build something. The process for them to do so should be easy. Just /warp jobs, warp to open project, follow the in-game guide and start building.
This setup will make it so we have a better building culture on the server.
I think this will improve the five issues we mentioned. We don’t want this to take away anything that makes ArdaCraft special. If someone has any questions about this please comment below.
Thanks for reading.