Start-up Problems (ACLauncher) - incorrect java version

Hi everyone! Long time no see. I don’t know if many of you remember me, but I was a builder from the early stages of Adracraft, and I came over from Westeroscraft to lend a hand. After getting back my love to build amazing things, i’ve decided to join back with Ardacraft.

Firstly before I delve into my problem I am working with an early 2011 Macbook Pro that has OS X El Capitan.

However I downloaded the launcher, and when I click on the launcher, receive this notification. So I press the okay button and try again, and with that I am able to open the launcher (sounds weird to me). I downloaded just the ArdaCraft Modpack and not the other two packs, and checked for updates. So I press launch and then I receive this notification. The other window that pops up, “to use the java command line tool you need to install a JDK,” I have no idea as to why it is doing that, for I do have the most recent JDK and JRE.Does anyone from the development team, or friendly mac user have any insight on this?

It is also worth mentioning I have a similar problem when it comes to the Westeroscraft launcher. My Java Home Path is this. I was told by someone on the server that it was weird how I had my Path be directed straight to the plugin and not the actual java folder. And when I tried redirecting the path it to the correct folder, and sub folder, it would not work.

Thank you for reading and trying to help
~ Cartoon

1 Like

Could you open up a Terminal window and type ‘java -version’ and copy-paste the response here please?

To easily get a new terminal window, hit ⌘ + SPACE, type in ‘terminal’ and it’ll come up

No Java runtime present, requesting install.
Matts-MacBook-Pro-2:~ Matt$

That is what I get very weird. Along with that I received the same message as I showed before, where it gives me an option to add a java runtime. I clicked it again and downloaded it again, and it seemed to work this time because I receive this message on the terminal.

java version "1.8.0_91"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

It’s strange because I’ve downloaded that version like 50 times.

Sorry for a long response time Sunday’s are my only free days at the moment.

No problem.

Mac used to come with a version of java bundled with it, but not any more. You probably have an old version installed (if you upgraded to mavericks from an older version of osx for example) - this wouldn’t be compatible with our modpack either way.

You can get the latest java installer for mac here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

After installing that, when you run java -version it should indicate that you have java installed, and you should have a bit more joy with our (and probably Westeroscraft’s) modpack.

edit: sounds like you have it sorted :]