Start-up crash - incorrect java version

So this has been the reason I have been gone for so long. I will paste the crash report but first I wondered why my second option thing about if I want that better foliage mod, or conquest sound pack, and voxelmap doesn’t come up. I hooked yes on voxelmap, and I think that could maybe be why it crashes (I am on a mac), but I can not undo my hook because the option doesn’t pop up. Do you know how to get it back? Maybe it is is something with Java. Well, anyway, here is the crash report/error messages (this is only the last part of it):

17:46:42] [client thread/info] [mods.betterfoliage.loader.betterfoliagetransformer]: Applying ModelLoader lifecycle callback
[optifine] (Reflector) Class not present: mods.betterfoliage.client.BetterFoliageClient
[17:46:42] [client thread/info]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.2
[optifine]
[optifine] OptiFine_1.8.9_HD_U_H6
[optifine] Build: 20160607-144228
[optifine] OS: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.10.5
[optifine] Java: 1.6.0_65, Apple Inc.
[optifine] VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.
[optifine] LWJGL: 2.9.2
[optifine] OpenGL: Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100, version 2.1 INTEL-10.6.33, Intel
[optifine] OpenGL Version: 2.1
[optifine] Maximum texture size: 16384x16384
[optifine] Checking for new version
java(15038,0x7fff7b7aa300) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fb49c880c20: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Process ended with code: 134

Hi, you need to install java 8. You can get it for mac os here.

Ok thanks but I can not really read your reply because those icon links to YouTube and Reddit are always in the way so can not see anything literally. How do I remove them…?

what web browser are you using?

Safari
and seemingly this post must be 20 characters so blahblah

Please could you upload a screenshot showing the issue?

When I paste the pic it only shows its file name ugh

posted a screenshot blahblah

Ah, your browser must be out of date. If you go to the mac app store, and then to updates, you should have a download for Safari 9 available

Ok I will try to update both Java and Safari then, thanks :slight_smile:

Well, I fixed the icon problem and I updated Java but I still get the same crash report. Do you have any idea what do do?

With a little trying I have found out that unlike the Modpack and Devpack, the legacy pack does actually work. In which way is the Legacy pack different?
oh wait what the legacy park can not join the server because it does not include forge… :’(
wait what but in the settings it says that I have forge loaded now I am REALLY confused here

I still get the same crash report. Do you have any idea what do do?

Please provide the full log (upload to pastebin and share the link)

With a little trying I have found out that unlike the Modpack and Devpack, the legacy pack does actually work. In which way is the Legacy pack different?
oh wait what the legacy park can not join the server because it does not include forge… :cry:
wait what but in the settings it says that I have forge loaded now I am REALLY confused here

Are these all modpacks in the ardacraft launcher? (I don’t use it, personally).
Are you sure you’re not installing the 1.7.10 modpacks? The legacy pack should be 1.7.10 only

Legacy is 1.7.10 only

http://pastebin.com/1QPEtFXL

You’re still running java 6. Java 8 is required.
It should say something like:

[21:12:47] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_92

4 posts were split to a new topic: Out of memory error