Shire Revamp

[EDIT: WILL BE SOON, PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST WHEN I MAKE THE DISCORD ANNOUNCEMENT]
So Coronavirus has claimed another victim. I sneezed while testing voxel sniper and unfortunately trashed the original Brandy Hall(Its saved on FB, don’t worry.) The first level of Brandy Hall is open for building. If you wish to start, you will need to claim a section. Each section is marked with a different color wool. There are also special areas that will require completion of one section first.

Feel free to work in teams. They aren’t substantially larger than normal Hobbit Smials, but they will require a bit more artistry and care. While the materials for walls, etc might be a bit more upper class, the halls themselves(Unless otherwise marked, like in the special sections) will be middle class, please limit books, bookshelves, and writing materials to small studies in rooms marked as “Master Room” or “Study” and even then, keep it limited. A name block and wool block will be outside the front door, please place your name there. There are only 3 sections, so feel free to discuss co-operation with your fellow builders.

10 Likes

I just placed another door in Brandy Hall. Door revamp progress at 70%. I’d like to thank everyone who’s helped with doors including Sunwing. Layouts are fully in place for all three floors, so I will be planning a door building this weekend.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

3 Likes

Good news, the doors are now 100% complete, no planning for this weekend necessary. Windows are another story, will be working out windows concepts on Freebuild with a few peeps who are familiar.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s great! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@Guan Brandy Hall has been planned and is open.

6 Likes
4 Likes

The boys are back in town. Watch out.

9 Likes

Stock is now open

3 Likes

Stock, Rushey, Deephallow and Bamfurlong have been completed! Thanks to everyone who helped especially the project leaders, the results I’m sure you all agree speak for themselves.

As @Hearthseeker mentioned in his thread, he will be stepping down as leader of the Shire and @kingorrik and myself will fill in for the duration of the project.

Our general plan moving forward will be to divide the Shire into the 4 Farthings and Buckland. The route we’ve chosen is to finish off where we are working now in the Eastfarthing (including finishing off Brandy/Bucklebury), then work anti-clockwise to the Northfarthing, Westfarthing, Southfarthing and lastly Buckland. The severity of the revamps moving forward will vary depending on the quality of the villages.

As for right now, Brandy Hall still has some rooms open in the lowest floor that need finishing, after which the exterior is the only thing remaining.

Will keep you all updated as we progress.

12 Likes

Bucklebury is now open for all builders and apprentices to claim a plot. Style for the houses can be found in the floating house above.

4 Likes

As Bucklebury is nearing it’s completion, Willowbottom has been opened for all builders.

2 Likes

Willowbottom is completed, which means the Marish in its entirety is finally done. And since Whitfurrows is nearing completion, Budgeford is now open for all builders.

4 Likes

Whitfurrows and Budgeford have both been completed. Really comfy results especially by the riverside area. Thanks to everyone who helped!

Scary is open for all builders.

4 Likes

Brockenborings has been opened.

5 Likes

Scary has been closed for the public, the remaining stuff incl. terrain will be done privately by the leaders. Subsequently Dwaling is now open for all builders.

6 Likes

Brockenborings has been completed. Big thanks to @Darkkiryll for leading this town and giving king and I a breather. Results are fantastic as always!

8 Likes

The Eastfarthing is completed! All has been rounded off with Scary and Dwaling being officially done today, as well as the surrounding homesteads. Huge thanks to everyone who has helped, it looks absolutely spectacular.

The Northfarthing is next on the list, and progress has been insane with the build day today. I think I can safely say that the Northfarthing will already be about 1/3 done by the close of day. Greenfields is open for all builders to help with, as well as public edits Oatbarton.

After this, the Westfarthing looms ever closer.

11 Likes

oatbarton and greenfields are done

8 Likes

northfarthing complete

send help

8 Likes

@bogGman has been appointed as additional co-lead for the Shire. He may now lead and do all the work while king and myself drink tea and play golf in Greenfields.

9 Likes