Shire Revamp

Brockenborings has been completed. Big thanks to @Darkkiryll for leading this town and giving king and I a breather. Results are fantastic as always!

8 Likes

The Eastfarthing is completed! All has been rounded off with Scary and Dwaling being officially done today, as well as the surrounding homesteads. Huge thanks to everyone who has helped, it looks absolutely spectacular.

The Northfarthing is next on the list, and progress has been insane with the build day today. I think I can safely say that the Northfarthing will already be about 1/3 done by the close of day. Greenfields is open for all builders to help with, as well as public edits Oatbarton.

After this, the Westfarthing looms ever closer.

11 Likes

oatbarton and greenfields are done

8 Likes

northfarthing complete

send help

8 Likes

@bogGman has been appointed as additional co-lead for the Shire. He may now lead and do all the work while king and myself drink tea and play golf in Greenfields.

9 Likes

Michel Delving has been opened for the public. :blush:

4 Likes

Tuckborough has been opened for the public. Feel free to claim a POL.

5 Likes

Homesteads are now open in the Southfarthing to the public for Builders and above.

Builders must provide a plan akin to other planning applications before beginning anything. Ask me which homestead youā€™d like, Iā€™ll copy it over to freebuild. You wipe out the current homestead, so just the terrain is left, and make a wool plan of what you intend your homestead to look like. Then, make a planning thread (look at the project archive for the type of stuff that needs to go in there). Touch nothing on the main map until this is approved.

Builder+, Iā€™m happy for you to just have at it if youā€™ve got something in mind.

Pay attention to what kind of fields are around your homestead when deciding what purpose it serves. If thereā€™s a large wheat or vegetable crop, add a storage barn or two. Grass meadows might indicate stables, and vines might denote a winery. That being said, also pay attention to what other people are making nearby. I donā€™t want a group of 5 stables all next to each other. If in doubt, ask.

Homesteads are at /warp SFH1 to SFH21

P.S. I know a few of them are Westfarthing. But thereā€™s only a few of them and weā€™re so nearly done with the Shire I rolled them in too. Deal with it.

SFH1 - LaaLaa
SFH2 - Olaf
SFH3 - Olaf
SFH4 - King and Eag
SFH5 - JoeVC
SFH6 - LaaLaa
SFH7 - Olaf
SFH8 - Olaf
SFH9 - Zach (plan approved)
SFH10 - Dark
SFH11 - Zach (plan required)
SFH12 - Olaf
SFH13 - Marchuell
SFH14 - Joe
SFH15 - Spanky (plan approved)
SFH16 - LaaLaa
SFH17 - Olaf
SFH18 - LaaLaa (plan approved)
SFH19 - Hellaroh (plan approved)
SFH20 - Olaf
SFH21 - Laurelin
SFH22 - Olaf and Joe

12 Likes

Hereā€™s a list of all the crap that needs doing to get the Shire finished (that Iā€™ve found), barring Buckland and stuff thatā€™s already claimed. You want to do something, add a comment to the builder signup column to claim it, and Iā€™ll stick your name in.

@Apprentice If you want to work on a homestead, find a builder to help you.

Weā€™re close, ladies and gents. I know weā€™re all sick of the Shire, but letā€™s get it done.

3 Likes

Tuckborough and Michel Delving are complete, at last. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially @Sunwing34 who is saving @kingorrik and my ass yet again.

Westfarthing continues to progress as we (sun) are finishing off the last few settlements and homesteads.

9 Likes

@Sunwing34 for steward tbf <3

4 Likes

this is a treasonous statement

3 Likes

And so, the Shire Revamp is officially closed. Thanks to everyone who has helped this mammoth task over the past year, there are far too many of you to thank individually.

Buckland (technically not being a part of the Shire) will be revamped after at least Bree if not all of Breeland, which will be started pretty much when we get 1.15. However, to ensure consistency, Buckland will be built with (mainly) 1.12 stuff, with 1.15 decorations. During this time, I and a few others will go back across the Shire and add a few 1.15 decorations to the Shire builds to tie it into the newer stuff. Iā€™ll open a seperate thread for Buckland when the project starts.

Shire builds will continue to be an accepted application build for the foreseeable future, given the aforementioned Buckland revamp and various Hobbit homes within Breeland.

Anywho, thanks again all. Carry on.

14 Likes