Share our story on TheOneRing.net?

I was thinking, a great way to make the server more well known to other Lord of the Rings fans, is to share our story on http://www.theonering.net/. It is the biggest forum for Tolkien fans on the internet and anyone can send their ‘story’ to the staff. If it is no spam, it gets posted on the forums and if it does very well it can get on the front page. No need to say that we’ll get many new players.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea! Would you be willing to write something to send to them?

Yeah definitely. I’ll send it when I’m done, so that you guys can proofread it

1 Like

ArdaCraft is a modified minecraft server that seeks to recreate Middle-earth. We build the world we all love, by the books, on a huge scale of 1:58. When completed, the map will be about 50 by 45 kilometres; bigger than Tokyo. But map is yet far from completed.
Here follows a quick list of completed areas: the Shire, Bree-land, Barrow-downs, Harlindon (Elven lands beyond the Blue Mountains), the Grey Havens and some Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains.
Our community is working hard on many other projects right now, of which is Dale, Arnor, the rest of Lindon and some Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains, including Thorin’s Halls. Our team responsible for the terrain is working on the Misty Mountains and large chunks of Eriador.
Everyone with minecraft and a decent computer can install our mods and join our server. Explore our map and try to find the ranger camps. Maybe even apply for our building team and help us finishing Middle-earth? By the end of the year we expect to have reached Rivendell, and move on to Rohan or Gondor.

Links: [link]www.ardacraft.me[/link], [link]www.ardacraft.me/faq[/link], [link]www.ardacraft.io/map[/link], [link]www.ardacraft.me/modpack[/link], [link]www.youtube.com/c/ardacraftmc/[/link].

Only need to add screenshots now. I feel that this is quite too boring atm, so any edited versions are more than welcome. And is there anything important I left out?

Suggested edits made:

ArdaCraft is a modded Minecraft server that seeks to recreate Middle-earth according to Tolkien’ s books and writings. We build the world we all love on a huge scale of 1:58. When completed, the map will be about 54 by 43 kilometres - about the size of the county of Dorset in England. But the map is far from complete.

A quick list of completed areas are as follows: the Shire, Bree-land, Barrow-downs, Harlindon, the Grey Havens and some Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains.

Our community is working hard on many other projects right now, including Dale, Arnor, the rest of Forlindon, and Thorin’s Halls. Our team responsible for the terrain is working on the Misty Mountains and large chunks of Eriador.

Everyone with Minecraft on PC can install our mods and join our server. Explore our map and catch sight of the many details, such as geologically and botanically correct terrain and forests. You might even want to apply for our team, and help finish Middle-earth. By the end of 2017 we expect to have reached Rivendell, and we will be setting our sights on Rohan, Mirkwood and Moria!

Links: [link]www.ardacraft.me[/link1], [link]www.ardacraft.me/faq[/link], [link]www.ardacraft.io/map[/link], [link]www.ardacraft.me/modpack[/link], [link]www.youtube.com/c/ardacraftmc/[/link].

2 Likes

That being said, idk where you get your 40x45km from, check with Forn there :0

It’s 54x43km.

I’ve edited your post to improve it further.

@RubenPieterMark you should include screenshots from our subreddit and space them throughout the text.

I don’t know if Dorset is a very good comparison, I myself didn’t even know what it was before looking it up. So maybe ‘even bigger than Tokyo’ (which is around 2 180 km²) is better, because it’s the biggest city in the world?
And I don’t know how hard this is to do and if it is necessary, but it would be awesome to have a 360° video just to show the amazing atmosphere we have (in the Shire).

I’ve changed it to ‘the county of Dorset’ - saying it’s the size of a county is more impressive than saying it’s bigger than a city imo.

3 Likes

[details=New version with edits and screenshots]ArdaCraft is a modified minecraft server that seeks to recreate Middle-earth. We build the world we all love, by the books, on a huge scale of 1:58. ArdaCraft is highly rated by critical lore purists and geologists. When completed, the map will be about 55 by 45 kilometres; about as big as the county of Dorset. But the map is yet far from completed.

Hobbiton across the water

Here follows a quick list of completed areas: the Shire, Bree-land, Barrow-downs, Harlindon (Elven lands beyond the Blue Mountains), the Grey Havens and some Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains.

The Grey Havens

The Prancing Pony

Our community is working hard on many other projects right now, such as Dale, Arnor, the Old Forest (almost completed), the rest of Lindon and some Dwarven settlements in the Blue Mountains, including Thorin’s Halls. Our team responsible for the terrain is working on the Misty Mountains and large chunks of Eriador.

Harlond

Dale and Erebor (work in progress)
http://i.imgur.com/Grto1qz.png

Everyone with minecraft (on a computer) can install our modpack and join our server. We use a free launcher which does all the work for you. Explore our map and catch sight of the many details. You might even want to apply for our team, and help finish Middle-earth. By the end of the year we expect to have reached Rivendell and we will be setting our sights on Rohan, Mirkwood and Moria!

Links: ArdaCraft Home, ArdaCraft FAQ, ArdaCraft dynamic map, ArdaCraft modpack, ArdaCraft YouTube[/details]

4 Likes

So… is it alright if I sent this version to TORn?

maybe put modpack instead of mods since mods tend to put a lot of people off

1 Like

Maybe mention our launcher that does all the work for you?

2 Likes

Both edited in the previous post ^^

2 Likes

All good, send it to them!

4 Likes

One final request, if you can put it in:

Maybe the mithlond cinematic too

Why, Their is already a YouTube link, You can also refer to PMC for more images and vid’s

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible to include videos

YouTube link is enough i guess