Next2205 Builder Application: REJECTED

[Please delete everything in brackets]

Player name: [next2205]

How long have you been a member of this project?: [1 week]

How old are you?: [12-15]

Where are you from?: [England]

Are you in our Discord?: [Yes]

Why do you want to help with this project?:[I want to help because I am a fan of Tolkien’s world (Arda) and hope I am good enough to build on the server]

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: [I hav eseen all the movies 2 or 3 times each and have started reading Children of Hurin. I also have The Silmarilion and Unfinished Tales which I will read]

Portfolio: [http://imgur.com/a/rA2l8]

[- Only include original work, which you alone have worked on.]
[- Your portfolio must contain shots of at least one build made in the ArdaCraft modpack and resource pack (these should be built on the ArdaCraft plots server - type /warp plots in-game). It is preferable that this build is related to builds being created on the main server at the time of your application.]
[- You may include other builds made outside of our modpack and resource pack.]
[- Please look at successful applications in order to get an idea of what is expected in the portfolio.]

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:[I am ok at Orcish]

Other relevant skills: [None]

[If there’s any additional questions that you think are necessary or could be useful, or any amendments you’d like to make to the current questions, please post after making your thread.]

Your exterior seems a bit strange or bland In some areas, especially around the chimney. Your interior uses a lot of curtain but is good from what I can see. I’d recommend taking more screen shots and updating your exterior just a little bit.

1 Like

I will post more pictures on the album

Updated

also I have removed some of the curtains

2 Likes

Pretty nice application, but I think you need to improve a bit before we can accept you. We’ve noticed that we’ve been setting the bar lower than which would be good for us, where good builders have had to step in to help new people too often. So where in the past this might have gotten you accepted (you’re nearly there!), we ask a little more of you now.

Things I like
You’ve used a nice palette and colour range of blocks
You’ve managed to fill up a large space with interior (which is generally a fairly hard thing to do)
The overall shape of the house is good and the structural support seems to work out
No flat ceilings

Room for improvement
When building a bookcase it often looks better to just make them square, same can be said for carpets
The house seems to be inhabited still, so I wouldn’t add leaves on the roof, but that’s more of a personal taste thing
I’d use a stone floor on the ground floor, and since they are often more damp I wouldn’t add bookcases there, or any other ‘living’ areas. Rather you could reserve it for a workshop or storage.

EDIT:

Oh right, and you could try pressing F1 when making a screenshot next time so there’s no chat or hotbar in view`. And instead of fixing your current house I’d just have a go at building a new one, which is way more fun and it will help improve your skills faster

4 Likes