Launcher on Mac does'nt work

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for my english I’m french. :slight_smile:

I would like to access to the server but when I clic on the launcher I have an error message.

All the details below :

what operating system are you using?: _mac os
how did you install the modpack?: _ArdaCraft Launcher (.jar)
have you installed Java 8?: _yes (version 9.0.1)
when does the problem happen?: _during launch
logs/crash-report: ***

Can you help me for this please ? I’m probably not alone to have this problem but I haven’t read any other topic about this…

Thanks a lot :wink:

The launcher isn’t built for java 9 yet. Install java 8

1 Like

On a side note… my launcher had updates a few days ago and now it freezes up while loading. Same spot every time. I also run Mac. I have to run basic in order for it to work. There was also a Java update that installed.

post yer logs

Problem is it freezes the computer up and I have to do a hard shut down. So I assume the log is lost ? Today I DL the Arda launcher and it stalled in the exact same spot as the conquest launcher.

Thank you dags, now it works ! :smiley:

So for the next who’s in the same situation, you must run with Java 8 update and not with Java 9. Don’t forget to go on java settings and unselect automatic upload.

See you soon on the server. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At what point is it stalling?
Beajin’s problem was that the launcher didn’t run at all due to having Java 9.

If it’s ‘stalling’ for you after the launcher has opened and you’ve pressed launch, then you have a different issue. You can easily get to your log files by right-clicking the modpack and selecting ‘view logs’ (the file called fml-client-latest.log has the most useful information):

2 Likes