Kronix99 Builder Application: ACCEPTED

Player name:kronix99

How did you find out about us:through Wellsknight and Dukonred1

How old are you?:15

Where are you from?: Australia

Are you in our Discord?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?:I think that the Tolkien universe is misunderstood by many people mostly because of how the movie shows it. The idea of representing the world of middle earth is amazing and can make people realise how deep the Tolkien universe is.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:I have seen The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings read The Hobbit started reading The Unfinished Tales

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/siNBd

Plot ID: 7-7 The building that is there is not very good, it is more the terraforming that I was focusing on.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:I can do landscapes and organic shapes and very good with structural buildings.I have difficulty with planning out my projects and figuring out how palet for the building is going to be like.

Other relevant skills: terraforming, Screenshots

PS: My PC cannot run shaders properly, so I am planning on buying a graphics card in about four month thats why my screenshots are low quality and with bad angles.

Could you please provide us with a build in either Dwarven or Elven style? These are what we are working on the most. Also, we prefer if you don’t use shaders on builder apps as it makes the building hard to see.

1 Like

Ok I’ll work on it

Is this better as an Elven style

This is not up to our standards, I suggest you should ./warp numenetsir and build a house in that style. Look at both shape and block palette. Post new screens when you are done, good luck. :slight_smile:

I think this is much better, this is more the style you want i think?
hope it satisfies you :wink:

1 Like

Alright! This is much better, but there’s still room for improvements. Here is a few issues I have, keep in mind for next time.

• Flower and the leaves on the exterior looks too random, spread and messy.
  • I think the house is to tall and have some weird shapes, just remember we have high focus on realism. Like the diagonal chimney you have made will not be approved.
  • Some of the ceilings are too flat.
  • Make sure you cover the tiles under the roof with planks.
  • In general I think your interior is a bit too messy for elves.

But this is much improved from previous builds. Good job. I have a last challenge for you. I want you to ./warp Arganzulum there is a dwarven house guide in the air right above the warp location. Build a house for a family of 3 dwarves. Include a living room, two bedrooms, privy, and a small room for some storage. No kitchen. Take your time and good luck.

1 Like

i think this is good, it might be a bit clustered but that’s the feeling I wanted to go for.
It was highly inspired by the guide in Arganzulum.

1 Like

Hey again.

The guide was very in-depth, and I can see you have missed some of it. Please fix the following points:

• You should not mix schist, limestone, granite together like you have done with the walls.
  • The floor looks like plain schist, try to add some tiles and stuff like the example house.
  • I can see flat ceilings in many rooms, ALWAYS avoid flat ceilings!
  • When you are placing shelves make sure you faces the wall when placing the shelves, the sides will then be covered with planks.

Upload a few new screenshots when you are done.

-Kem

2 Likes

think this is better?

Better, there is still pure schist floor in one of the pictures, remember to take time to finish everything when working on something for the project. I will accept this application now, welcome to the team Kronix99.

2 Likes