Some various architectural stuff for Far Harad and Khand

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

arthur meijer has some very beautiful House ceramics that i think we should look at.

3 Likes

So today I was talking with someone about farmlands on discord and he notified me about a way dung was used as fuel in regions in and around the middle east and how they handeld harvesting/gathering this. I figured this could be intresting to have in harad as its quite middle eastern like.

The concept of it is quite simple. Dung would be gathered from for example cattle and used as fuel.
The dung would also be mixed with the thresings of other crops common in these areas. Wheat and barley and other threshings like those from cotton would be chopped into small pieces. these smaller pieces could not be used as fuel as it was to difficult to handle and didnt catch fire easily. The fragments are therefore mixed with dung witch then form a form of fuel.

This mixture of dung and cut threshings would be formed in a mould or by hand to so create dung cakes witch would be laid out to dry and when dried to be used as fuel

This picture show a designated area for the drying of these cakes.
Another way of drying these cakes was to stick them to a wall where they would fall of by the time they are dry enough and can then be collected for storrage

example of hand shaped cakes (clear handprints)

Example of how it could be stored
alamy apparently is very intrested in dung cakes.

Below some further information about it from a textbook

dont think the order is rigth u can fix that for urself good luck.

4 Likes

“Egypt & Nubia: The Holy Land / from drawings made on the spot by David Roberts. With historical descriptions by George Croly. Lithographed by Louis Haghe” (1842-1849).

8 Likes

Oman

5 Likes

Far Harad

5 Likes

Near Harad.

Numenorian influence(west coast)220px-KomOmbo2
desert-

6 Likes

Last one(inspiration for the harad road)

3 Likes

Old Roman ruins in Cyrene, Libya. Could be used as inspiration for old Gondorian ruins in Harondor.

9 Likes