Folde Quarry

Folde Quarry
Player name(s): Creepy

Player rank: B+

Private or Public: Private

Location name: Folde quarry

Lore: nothing ever mentioned in the books. This quarry just supplies the fold, e.g foundations or other stuff such as defensive buildings

Overhead plan:

In-game guide: first ill lay it out, then ill ask few peoples opinion before i proceed

Terrain: the path connecting the Quarry to the main road will be touched a Little, the camp site will be touched and ill Just make the rest look fancy.

Reference Imagery: all the other quarries that are done in Rohan so far.

1.5/2 weeks

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have your storage downhill, in all cases. Same for overseeing. It is much easier to supervise a steep slope from below. I guess one would merely store tools uphill, if any.

3 Likes

Could be, thanks for your opinion, this is just to give an idea, ill bear yours in mind

1 Like

The blue road needs to be less steep and the red quarry lines need to be a bit straighter and not follow every little bump in the mountain.

Would also be cool to see some nice cranes and pully systems somewhere.

2 Likes

Sure ill be doing that, this layout just helps me and ill not be replicating it exact ingame. I shall see to the cranes, thanks

1 Like

Could a leader of the folde or an overseer please respond?

1 Like

respond to what?

Accept or reject this project

1 Like

Yeah go for it. Just please please please make sure that it all makes sense and that it actually would be able to function like a real quarry.

7 Likes

Update: The quarry itself is finished, the camp will be finished within the next few days.

1 Like

Pretty good overall, especially the voxelling of the quarry itself. I just think you need to update the scaffolding a bit since its all quite old style and doesn’t look too good.

Try using some of the newer blocks like the ones used here in Helm’s Deep:

Summary

02 49

Could you also blend the mud paths into the stone a lot more because this is no bueno:

Summary

Use gravel, stones, soft gravel and the path blocks to get a much more gradual blend of colour and material. People would bring a lot of the dirt onto the rocks as well so don’t be afraid to blend the dirt into the stone quarry parts.

Finally please get rid of that giant pine tree that’s towering above the quarry.

5 Likes

Entire quarry is finished and ready for approval

2 Likes