Example Landscaper+ Application: wheellee

This is an example application.

Player name: wheellee

How did you find out about us?: Founding member

How old are you?: 18

Where are you from?: California, USA

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am a fan of Minecraft and what it has to offer. I really like the AC community, and I would like to see this project go far. I am passionate about the terrain on this map, and I believe I can provide some assistance to those who need constructive criticism.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

• Read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, etc.

• Watched all the movies

• Listened to the audiobook for The Fellowship of the Ring

Portfolio: Example Landscaper Application - Album on Imgur

Scene 1: This is an area of limestone pavement. This is a natural karst landform consisting of a flat, incised surface of exposed limestone that resembles an artificial pavement. The term is mainly used in the UK and Ireland, where many of these landforms have developed distinctive surface patterning resembling paving blocks.

I used heather in this scene as it is a plant which thrives in moorland.

Scene 2: This is a raised bog. Formed of a deep body of peat, raised bogs can be several metres higher than the surrounding land and covered with a skin of typical bog vegetation. These very wet conditions are ideal for acid-loving bog-mosses, cotton grasses, heather, cross-leaved heath, bog asphodel and deer-grass.

Scene 3: This is a beach with a small cliff behind it. I used the Coasts document in the Landscaper section of the ArdaCraft Google Drive to guide my building. Included is a line of wet sand near the shoreline, the wrack line, a sandstone cliff with distinct layers, and sandstone debris/rocks underneath the cliff.

Plot ID: -1:1

Are there any types of landscapes you are particuarly interested in building? For example, coasts, forests, mountains, etc. : I would like to work on wetland areas.

Other relevant skills: Texturing, WorldPainter, building

9 Likes