Enchanter2002 - Builder Application: REJECTED

Player name: Enchanter2002

How long have you been a member of this project?: Well my friend told me about this server about a week ago and I have been building my application build for two days prior to making this application, so two days I’d estimate.

How old are you?: 14 years of age

Where are you from?: The South West of Scotland

Why do you want to help with this project?: When I went to see ‘The Desolation of Smaug’ I was blown away by every part of the story told before me. The humour was right up my alley, the visuals astounded me and I was overall impressed by what Tolkien had created. I then saw 'Battle of the Five Armies and I’m pretty sure I didn’t blink for the duration of the masterpiece. These two films had changed my creative imagination for the better and no doubt I became a better drawer, later creating pieces of art I had dreamed of being able to draw. Such things as portraits and scenes. This triggered my mind into thinking about becoming fully engaged with the series and buying the whole lot, (All of the Lord Of The Rings books, The hobbit novel and all of the films) but it was on and off for almost two years can you believe it! I now realize that I should have made the decision earlier and maybe I would be completely ready for my friend to reveal your masterpiece of a recreation (Two years and only 7% done, now that’s dedication!). As of now I am getting the books and the DVDs for Christmas and in no time will be fully ready to start taking on the challenge of participating in recreating Tolkien’s great work.
So, that was my new short story hope you liked it. It’ll be on shelves in early December. :grin::laughing:

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: As I said I have seen both the Desolation of Smaug and The Battle of the Five Armies but I didn’t mention I have seen the other Hobbit film. As I also said I am going to be avidly reading all the books from the Lord of the RIngs and the Hobbit by Christmas.

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/TdsYb

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Well my build on the plot world is a sort of abandoned bothy type build which I am using to show my skill in forests and areas with a gloomy look. The sort of styles I have difficulty with… hmm, I’d say extremely precise builds because I like and prefer to be able to change something if I don’t like it and go with flow a little bit I guess. I think the topic of abandoned and overgrown really fits preference a bit more, but I am always up for a challenge and I’m certainly not saying I’m terrible at very precise and wanting to avoid them. It would be great if you could inform me of the types of builds you guys do that are very precise so that I can get to practising them on and off the server.

Other relevant skills: Design and sketching I guess? I’m not to sure though adn I don’t have any examples to show unfortunately, sorry.

Thank you for reading and I hope you understand my enthusiasm towards this and I also hope my work is good enough for your supreme standards.

1 Like

Looks promising! Think you could have a go at a Harlond house? Maybe make it abandoned. Optional choices would be a Mithlond house, or something Dwarvish.

Always good to have someone discover the world that Tolkien created.

1 Like

Yeah! So would make a Harlond style house and then put them into my imgur album for you to see?

Yeah,that’s the way.

1 Like

Okay, I won’t be able to start it today but I should be able to tomorrow so I’d say within the next 2-3 days I’ll have it up.

1 Like

Hey Guan, I’ve decided to wait until I’ve read up a bit and watched the movies and then re-apply if that’s good with you.

1 Like

Fine by me, tho you could use this time to improve, and get to know the server better.

2 Likes

yeah I will do just that :slight_smile:

Rejected for now. You can make a new thread when you got time to re-apply.