Crash on launch

how did you install the modpack?: launcher
have you installed Java 8?: not sure
when does the problem happen?: during the launch
logs/crash-report:
The game is running. Please wait.
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 1947648KB object heap
Java HotSpot™ Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256M; support was removed in 8.0
Process ended with code: 1

problem: when trying to install with the launcher it crashed during the launch. I might not have Java 8 installed but I tried twice and I don’t know how to tell if I successfully downloaded it or not, but nothing seemed to mess up on it’s installation.
Afterwards I was able to use the Ardacraft installer successfully but it did not include the optional mods. This isn’t really a big deal since I can still play but I would love to have them installed. I don’t know if there is a way to install the optional mods using the installer or not.

Could not reserve enough space for 1947648KB object heap

This message is saying that the launcher couldn’t reserve enough ram.

Two common reasons for this:
a) You don’t have enough free ram (~2GB in this case) to give to dedicate to minecraft
b) You have 32bit Java installed which isn’t allowing you to assign the ~2GB ram to minecraft

In case ‘a’, you could try close down other programs to free up memory (or more expensively, buy and install more ram in your computer).

In case ‘b’, you can download and install 64bit Java 8 which will allow you to leverage more ram.

Modifying the installer version of the modpack

The installer will set up the modpack in the folder:
.minecraft/profiles/ArdaCraft-<version>/

You can download whatever extra mods you like from their official outlets and add them to:
.minecraft/profiles/ArdaCraft-<modpack_version>/mods/<mc_version>/

I’m not trying to fix the launcher. my only problem was I couldn’t download the optional mods, but i have downloaded them now. Thank you for the help though.

Ye, to get the optional mods you can either fix your broken setup to get them through the launcher, or download & install them manually. No problem, glad you’re up n running

thx, cya on the server.