Builder Application: VermillionPanda: ACCEPTED

Player name: VermillionPanda

How did you find out about us: I found out about Ardacraft all the way back in 2015 or 2016 from a Youtube tour of the shire region. However, I didn’t join for several years because I had a computer that simply couldn’t handle mods.

How old are you?: 14-16

Where are you from?: The United States of America

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I have a discord account and definitely will join the server, but I am not currently a part of it.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I want to help with this project because I love fantasy and world building of all kinds. However Tolkien’s work is especially vibrant and interesting, and while several other servers have also been recreating Middle Earth, I think that Ardacraft shows the most care and expertise in building Tolkien’s world.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit more times than I can count, and am currently watching the movie for the second time. However, I haven’t yet read Tolkien’s other works.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/sYLhIDU
UPDATE: https://imgur.com/a/vuYLuf1
These are some of the buildings I’ve done as an apprentice.

Plot ID: 1:-12

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I think that I mainly excel builds in more rural areas instead of more urban builds, with larger gardens and walkways, though given enough time and critique I think I can get the hand of most styles. However I have struggled with Dwarven builds.

Other relevant skills: The only other relevant skill I can think of is that I am very interested in zoology, specifically herpetology, ornithology, and mammalogy, so if there are any questions concerning wildlife perhaps I could be of assistance(?)

6 Likes

Im not at all an expert on lorien stuff. But i think your lorien build is really closed off and dark inside while afaik they should be more opened up to the outside and full of natural light during the day. I liked the way u made rohan house diagonal instead of just striaght like most would do. Overall good apply but i think you still have some stuff to work on.

Think you knowledge on wildlife could be handy for little details we might wanna add in coming up forest ect not sure tho.

3 Likes

I’m completely out of practice with new builds as I’ve been out of commission since March. But I have to give you an outstanding approval for the effort you went into making your plot detailed and fitting with the themes of each respective project. Your garden work is roughly what I’d expect from myself. Not too many complaints there. Your understanding of structure is enough to at least get you apprentice and then let us watch you grow.

You’ll be builder in no time, that is if the overseers don’t already see you as good enough to skip a step. There’s going to be some things you’ll improve as you work around a bunch of meticulous bois, such as proper thatching or “muh glass in muh village.” But you’ll catch on quick if this is just your application.

1 Like

Thank you for your application! You’ve certainly worked hard, and you have a fairly good understanding of the styles. There are a few things to consider, though:

• You always want shingles to be supported from underneath, usually with wooden planks.

• Your Lothlorien builds captured the overall style, but as Poppel said, they could stand to be a bit more open.

• Everything has a purpose. Think of it as though there are people living and working in your builds, and why they would put things where they are.

These things will come in time. For now, though, we have decided to promote you to the rank of Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn.

Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems.

Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more soon!

1 Like

@VermillionPanda Please join our Discord ASAP

Any update on this?

I am honestly suprised he’s not been promoted to builder with the amount of work he put into the server.

EDIT: Seems he just didn’t update it here.
@VermillionPanda please make a gallery of your work on the server.

4 Likes

Sorry for not updating yet, I’m compiling screenshots right now for an update to my portfolio.

3 Likes

An update has been posted! Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Excellent work! Sorry for the delay, but it looks like you’re ready for the Builder rank. You’re now able to apply for any open projects. Have fun; I’m looking forward to seeing more builds from you.

3 Likes