Builder Application: Vaterland88: REJECTED

Player name: Vaterland88

How did you find out about us: Watching videos on medieval Minecraft building and how they built medieval structures in the 1100’s and a friend recommended it who also just joined (ColonelUseless)

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: Germany but I live in Louisiana, USA

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I know I could help anyone if they need an extra hand, build homes or shops, or do interiors. I learn fast so if there is anything I don’t understand it won’t take long for me to adapt to it.
Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Watched The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Read all the books, Friends paint in Tolkien, seen buildings like Tolkien and read about the structures.

Portfolio:

Plot ID: 15:15, 6:21
Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with*: I excel at ones like Traditional German like Dale

Other relevant skills: Terra forming

UPDATED BUILDS TODAY(I think it is the 22nd)!!! Also if possible It would be an honor to do something with dale (Update it a bit) I would do anything I was told to do. This would be something I would appreciate. This could warm me up also to other builds. I would like to be an apprentice and work up from there if possible. Also the Forlond houses or on my plot please visit them.Thank you for this honor, Vaterland88.

Hey man, one feedback I would like to give you as I see its sort of common on your portfolio is that you use the same material as the walls on the floor. That just looks terrible so that’s a small but very important aspect you might want to keep an eye for. I also told you about the emptiness of your interiors in game. They seem kind of unorganized, empty & they don’t quite flow well from one room to another. You also had the wooden pillars through the table, that was weird. Also, all your interiors connected through one big long hallway while you had 3 different buildings on the exterior, that’s also very weird.

Those are some of the things I noticed that would need fixing. I do like your attitude and that you are willing to learn & help out others, I am sure if you get to a certain standard you’ll be a great apprentice & take on many jobs for us builders to learn & grow together with us. Hopefully you can get those things fixed.

Best of luck man!

1 Like

Chingom makes some valid points. Your exteriors are above average, but your interiors need a lot of work. Make sure the interior reflects the exterior, and make sure it properly supports the floors above. Start by making multiple rooms on each floor. The wider you make them, the harder you make it to properly detail them. Think of the function of the house and who lives there to add cohesion in decorative style.

Alright thank you I will fix that now

We would also really need to see a dwarven or forlond build, please could you do one and add it to your imgur.

I built two forlond houses one large and one small

Correction: Your first plot ID is -15:15

??? What do you mean???

Oh Ok

just a quick tip for the basement, mix up the materials and dont use the same ones for the floor, walls and celing, such as how you used plastered stone

sometimes it works but best to lean away from it

ok Thx

Thx I am fixing them

I FIXED APP!!! Please reread the end

I don’t see any Forlond or dwarven builds in your album.

@Fornad I built them on my plot

Can you please so them in your album, we need to see them more than we need to see your dale build.

Your Forlond house exterior is good, but the interior lacks a lot of detail. Please look at approved Forlond houses.

You also haven’t made a dwarven build at all.

Rejected due to lack of activity.

1 Like