Builder application: Turambhar: ACCEPTED

Player name: Turambhar

How long have you been a member of this project?: Joined December 27, 2016

How old are you?: 16

Where are you from?: America

Are you in our Discord?: yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I love building and designing, more specifically in Minecraft, and I love The Lord of the Rings. when I figured out there was a server combining the two and using the conquest texture pack as a base for its textures I new I absolutely had to help with the project. I’m the happiest when I’m building, designing, or creating something, especially when it is Tolkien related.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read and listened to the “Fellowship of the Ring”, “The Two towers”, “The Return of the King”, and have read “The hobbit”. I’ve seen all the LOTR and hobbit movies, I have read the “Silmarillion”, and the book “The Children of Hurin” have read through some of “the lost road” and “The Book of Lost Tales Part 1”. of the Tolkien related works not written by him I have read “the Tolkien Dictionary” “Tolkien Bestiary” and “The Atlas of Middle Earth”

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/4Dmt9

Are there any styles that you excel at?: I am practised with hobbit style and am decent at elvish. I haven’t specifically tried dwarvish but i can build decent castles/fortresses/things that require stone. I am also good at viking-like styles

Other relevant skills: I am a good artist and am practised at drafting

3 Likes

Your interior is pretty good, but the exterior (the roof especially) looks a bit odd. Could you try a Harlond house?

Also, you need to be in our Discord.

Ok, thank you for the critique. what specifically about the roof do you not like and is it something you want me to change on this build, or just remember when doing other elvish builds? I will build a Harlond house as soon as possible.

The wooden edging at the top is too thick, the open inset (whilst a nice idea) is somewhat inelegantly executed, and the louver is much too tall.

Perhaps just give the Harlond house a go and see if you improve this time around.

alright, will do

I have discord now and have joined the ardacraft discord server. I also finished an exterior and will build an interior soon

i have updated my application. please take a look.

Much better.

Looks good to me, accepted. Welcome to the team!