Builder Application: Turambhar: ACCEPTED

Player name: Turambhar

How did you find out about us?: I’ve known about AC since about 2015, I think I first found you guys on youtube. Also, I’ll just mention the obvious up front: I have applied before and worked on the server, but since it’s been several years and the style has changed, as well as there being a new mentoring system, I thought it appropriate to re-apply.

How old are you?: 21

Where are you from?: Washington, US

Are you in our Discord? Is your username the same as your Minecraft name? Do you understand that you must always have Discord open, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I am on discord, my name is an abbreviated version of my minecraft name, Turam, and I have been on the Ardacraft discord for several years and check it regularly.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I have always been a huge fan of Tolkien and Conquest. My life has been a little too crazy over the last several years to be a committed member of the server, but I’m hoping that will change as things settle down.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Hobbit and the Silmarillion multiple times, as well as sections of his histories and letters. I have also read Leaf by Niggle, Kullervo, Farmer Giles of Ham, The Smith of Wootton Major, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Tolkien’s translation of Beowulf and his essay On Faery Stories. Oh, and I’ve seen the movies and the first two episodes of the new tv show lol.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/ivgHXhU
A couple buildings imitating the Minas Tirith style that contain a woodworker’s workshop, an attached low/middle class living area with two beds, as well as a middle/high class house with two beds on the top story.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I think I am fairly adaptable. It’s been a while since I’ve done a lot of building with conquest, so I would say most of my work needs some help and advice. I enjoyed the Gondorian style quite a bit. I also hope my previous project Yantaorna will be considered for the application. It’s obviously very outdated, but I think it was ok for its time.

Other relevant skills: I am adept at world machine and average at world painter. I will include a portfolio if I decide to apply for landscaper.

I also want to say that I’ve been watching this project from the sidelines for a while, and I have a ton of respect for it, as well as the thought and skill you guys put into it. Looking forward to learning from you guys again and hopefully helping out.

4 Likes

Hey Turam - welcome back to the server!

Your Minas Tirith build looks really good - the gradients need some refinement but you clearly have a good eye for shape and proportion. Given this app and your previous experience I am more than content to promote you straight to Builder. Congrats!

There are open plots in Minas Tirith so you can get to building straight away.

1 Like