Builder Application: _TheLordOfThePings_: ACCEPTED

Player name: TheLordOfThePings

How did you find out about us: I discovered Conquest Reforged about 3 months ago when I came back to Minecraft from a long pause of some years. I think I saw Conquest for the first time on Dukonred’s youtube channel. After that I wandered on the Conquest Reforge website and found the servers tap, there I saw a Westeros Server and decided to join. I got a builder rank there, but 2 weeks later the server shut down. After a couple of weeks in my singeplayer world I missed the sense of community and so i decided to join Arda Craft, which I in the beginning already had seen on the Conquest website. (Sorry for my unnecessarily long explanation)

How old are you?: 16-19

Where are you from?: The Netherlands

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes I do.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I’ve been a Lord of the Rings fan since the first time I watched the films, and since a couple of years I have been a fan of JRR Tolkien’s amazing world and legendarium. With that I also love the community on this server and I would love to contribute to something of this scale. And in general I know I will have a great time enjoying the building, the server and the people.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy (Extended Edition)(every year), I have watched the Hobbit trilogy (every year (I have to make the marathon complete)), I have read all the Lord of the Rings books (In Dutch), I have read the Hobbit (In English), I have read The Silmarillion (In English) and I have read The Fall of Gondolin (In English). (I sometimes also play Total War Medieval 2’s Third Age Reforged Mod, don’t know if it counts)

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/mOFHYF3

Plot ID: 11:16, the entrance hall and a house within the great hall of my dwarven settlement are done and ready for review (the rest of the planned out stuff will be a side project of mine) and above the dwarven build are two platforms with a house in Aldburg style and a house in Lothlórien style.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I don’t know if I excel at it, but I have had lots of time with the Dwarven style. And on my Lothlórien style I have not yet received any feedback, so i don’t know.

Other relevant skills: I have some experience with video making, but I think my computer has gotten to old and slow for it unfortunately and it has been some time so i don’t have relevent examples.

3 Likes

Your dwarven stuff looks really nice, and as far as i’ve seen ingame, your Rohan stuff is good enough too, just gotta wait till an overseer see this.

Agreed, this is an excellent application. Your builds are definitely up to standards, and kudos for making a diagonal Rohan house. You’re ready for Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Beathaven know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

Happy building, and keep up the good work!

2 Likes

You’ve been doing very well overall, i’d say you’re more than good enough now for builder rank. So, approved!