Builder Application: TheCaptainPanda_: ACCEPTED

Player name: TheCaptainPanda_

How did you find out about us?: Youtube

How old are you?: 19

Where are you from?: The Netherlands

**Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I enjoy building in Minecraft and have build quite a lot (mostly using the default texture pack though). Besides that i’m a big fan of Middle earth and the lore behind it. I also think that you guys are building one of the most beautiful and professional minecraft worlds out there and i would love to help with that.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve seen all the movies and i just started reading the books.

Portfolio: Eastfolde build - Rohan household - Album on Imgur
Tharbad build - Tharbad ruins - Album on Imgur

Plot ID: 20:12

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Don’t really know to be honest.

Other relevant skills: I’m decent at modelling in Blender.

5 Likes

Hey mist3r__MT, glad to see you apply!

You pretty much nailed your house and your ruin, I just have a few critics to give:

Eastfold build:

It only has two beds while our houses are supposed to house an entire family (grandparents and mother-in-law comprised) There are usually between 5 and 7 people living in this type of house so you could replace some furniture with beds.

Tharbad ruin:

You should just remember that summer reeds and rushes are always 2-3 blocks tall except if they are in water and should be the only plant allowed on mud blocks with dark broad leaves for the occasional bushes. You also accidentally put reeds in the water like if we were in 1.15 and it would get waterlogged.

Okay so now I would like you to build the house of a hobbit candlemaker with allotments and bee hives.

2 Likes

I finished the hobbit house, so here it.

3 Likes

As Sun said in-game: This is worryingly good! Your candlemaker’s plot is next to perfect. The only critics we have might be your ceilings that could have been more interesting. Right now they don’t look too much like your average hobbit style. You could have shown a bit more detail in the candle making process by hanging some candles to dry outside or putting ropes to represent wicks about to be coated with wax and I would have preferred that you used fireflies to show the bees.

With that being said, welcome to the community as an apprentice! I will be your mentor and as such, I am here to help you find your 5 first houses and small projects to build and to help you improve.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below:
When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

2 Likes

30-07-2021 3829/39/4453

Tharbad: ruined epoch III horrea septimus sev

• built next to river
3 Likes

31-07-2021 13136/89/14205

Rohan eastfolde house 10-12 beds, warp efh18

• diagonal
2 Likes

31-07-2021 3797/39/4468

Tharbad, ruined epoch III warehouse

2 Likes

09-08-2021 13818/55/14041

Road, efh21 to efh23

2 Likes

13-08-2021 3899/55/4291

Mansion ruins Tharbad, epoch II

1 Like

And with that done, you are promoted to builder, welcome to the team!

4 Likes