Builder Application: StukTBH: REJECTED

Player name: StukTBH

How did you find out about us:I was looking for some interesting servers with the conquest mod

How old are you?: 14-17

Where are you from?: Romania

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: yes

Why do you want to help with this project?:I am a big fan of tolkien’s works

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve read and listened to the hobbit and LOTR books,I’ve also read the silmarillion a year ago and I’ve also watched the movies

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/ueoBZwQ

Plot ID: -3:19

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:I like doing rohan and hobbit style but I find elven style quite hard

1 Like

Hey Stuk.

Overall pretty good so far, a few things though.

For you Rohan house make sure the beds are lining the sides of the wall, and try to avoid spamming crates (makes no sense for them to have crates).

As for the Hobbit house I recommend making the ceiling less chunky, and avoiding more than 1 face on the wardrobe blocks. Your kitchen space should be a bit more defined, just having an oven with nothing else seems a bit lackluster for a Hobbit family. As for your exterior, it’s a bit too plain but otherwise technically not incorrect so good job with that. Just keep in mind the smoke should be cloud blocks rather than the old animated ones.

I think a bit more practice will help you better define your houses and make them more unique so I’d like you to have a go at a Scary-styled house.

@Daktubalan @Fruittuitella @Lindalher may like to commend on your Dunland house.

Good job so far!

1 Like

alrighty then, I’ll work on that!

1 Like

Pretty Nice Dunland house from what I can see on the ss, I’m on a holiday so can’t see it ig. It’s not the best quality ss but there are 2 things that I can see you should improve, first of all your gradient, I cant really see if it’s decent but I see you’ve done light thatch at the bottom and I think there’s brown thatch higher up. Make sure it goes from darker thatch at the bottom to lighter thatch at the top with a smooth gradient, also make sure theres a little bit more darker thatch at the north side with moss as well, usually the darker it is the more moss.
Second thing I can see is that not all the thatch faces the same way, make sure it does both inside and outside.

I’ll also list a few things that are commonly forgotten, but don’t necessarily apply to you, check if they do tho.
Too much firewood, 0.5-1 block of firewood is enough for this size of house.
Smoke outlets
Smoke coming out of the outlets if campfire is on. Ofc all going the same way because of wind
Preferably make sure you can walk to the other side of the house and reach everything, this is sometimes hard and can be ignored if it means the house would look better.
Coarse dirt underneath the roof.
Not too much iron if at all, look at the textures to see if it contains Iron.

Sorry for the messy layout of the reply, typing on phone. There might be a few things @Lindalher or @Daktubalan want to add to this since they can see it ig. As for the gradient I pointed out, it might still be good since I really can’t see it that good on the ss, but make sure youve done it like I explained, if you want, eag has a good pic visualizing how to do the gradient, ask him for it if you want that.

Can always pm me via Discord for further questions.

2 Likes

I’ll work on that!

2 Likes

Need to see some more on this thread if you want promotion @StukTBH

Rejected for inactivity.