Builder Application: SamIr0n: REJECTED

Player name : SamIr0n

How long have you been a member of this project? : Since 2018 applied in 2018 but was rejected to me to being inactive

How old are you? : 14

Where are you from? : Birkenhead, England

Are you in our Discord?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project? : I have been a fan of Minecraft and the Tolkien Content for as long as I remember. I wish to become an apprentice to practice my building in all aspects of Minecraft, modded or vanilla. I have been apart of a few large scale build projects with friends since the last time that I applied and I believe my skill has improved. I wish to join and help this project as to immerse myself in the 2 topics in life that I love and see the project go far. So much has been accomplished since 2014 and its truly a sight to behold. There are so many talented builders and minds at work on this project and I wish to add that little bit that I can.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to? :

• I have watched all movies from both trilogies LOTR and The Hobbit
  • I have read all the books and recently re-read The Hobbit

Portfolio :
A Tuckborough House and A Lorien Carpenter ArdaCraft Plots Portfolio - Album on Imgur
Plot: -17:15

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with? : I originally said I mostly do Elven and Natural Builds which I now know is incorrect and I prefer to build small builds to locate in the Shire.

Other relevant skills : None

2 Likes

Hey there, thanks for applying!

Quite nice overall, but there is some room for improvement with a few things. Your diagonal Shire house has a bit of an awkward angle, especially the roof. Make sure to check out how these angles are executed on the main map.

Can’t say all that much about your Lorien house, but it seems quite good.

For your next step, we’d like if you tried another Shire house in the style of Hobbiton, feel free to make this one straight-angled. Also a few more screenshots would be great.

I look forward to seeing your update!

4 Likes

You Lorien house does have some things. There are not huge mistakes, it’s just the overall feel which is a bit off. The blocks in the roof outline don’t look very smooth, same as the roof itself, even if the pictures are not very clear and I should check it ingame.
I suggest you to give another look to the guide and understand how the blocks are used.
You can also try with a dunland or a rohan house, which are easier to do than a Lorien or a shire build.

3 Likes

Sorry Im closing my app cause things came up in life.

1 Like

No worries, message an Overseer if you ever reconsider!

1 Like