Builder application: RubenPieterMark: ACCEPTED

Thread title: Builder Application: RubenPieterMark

Player name: RubenPieterMark

How long have you been a member of this project?: I think I first joined in May 2016.

How old are you?: 12-15 (I’m 13)

Where are you from?: The Netherlands

Why do you want to help with this project?: I just like everything Tolkien-related, I like the way Ardacraft builds (lore accuracy). I also want to improve my own building skills

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve read the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion, Roverandom, tons and tons of Tolkien gateway pages and other Middle-earth question websites and I am currently reading the Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun.

Portfolio: https://m.imgur.com/a/BEiYR All the screenshots of ingame builds are built by me. The maps with descriptions are edited by me, but I didn’t build Pelargir and Fornost. They are just two examples of the 18 I made.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I am quite skilled in building (bell)towers. I don’t particularly excel at any style of a race or folk. I do have difficulties with statues and fountains etc.

Other relevant skills: Just simple tedious stuff like editing maps as I did recently on MCME (see the later posts in portfolio). I can make tons of wiki pages because I have time :neutral_face: .

You cannot use MCME screenshots for your portfolio, it must all have been made by you and you alone. As for the house you did make by yourself, it needs to be broken up more, in the roof and the walls. You are definitely a good builder but there is room for improvement. Also you should build a Mithlond style house as this is a style that will be necessary for you to use. Please do more screenshots per build, I want to see the whole thing rather than just a face.

1 Like

I’m sorry that my imgur account also contains some MCME stuff I didn’t build by myself. Most of the screenshots were built by me tho. Could you explain specifically where there is the most room for improvement?

The walls are too samey all the way through and have no depth. Try to have a more shaped base and more decorated walls. As for the roof, the shape should improve with the improvement of the base, so that it isn’t just one triangular prism all the way down the build.

1 Like

Take a look at Harlond and Mithlond, and try to copy that specific style and detail for your app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you please add screenshots of the house in daylight.

1 Like

Deleted all the links in replies and the links in the main post, made one imgur album for all images.

Could some other staffmembers give their opinion too? I’m quite unsure what to do now.

Your builds look good, welcome to the team!

1 Like