Builder Application: RohesSchnitzel: ACCEPTED

Player name: RohesSchnitzel

How did you find out about us?: I found another mc-lotr server that was featured in a German magazine. Then I became interested in Middle-Earth adaptations in mc and found this server after a short research.

How old are you?: 16-19

Where are you from?: Germany

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes.
Tag: RohesSchnitzel#4044

Why do you want to help with this project?: I´m a big Tolkien fan and want to help at the project to bring his vision of middle earth to life.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: The Hobbit (Book and Film); The Lord of the Rings (Books and Films); The Silmarillion (and the “three great Tales”) and the unfinished Tales

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/8SHtrkk

Plot ID: 36:-36

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I like the medieval and “rustic” style, like Rohan or Hobbit buildings, more than for example the “clean” style of Lorien buildings. Even though I think I can learn that too.

Other relevant skills: I’ve been playing Minecraft for a long time and have solide knowledge about it.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for applying! I’ve given feedback ingame.
Basically:
Check the gradientguide warp for the roof, have the surrounding fence a bit more organised, get rid of the beams along the interior walls for more furniture space, slightly smaller fireplace to make room for a few more roof supports, and make a space underneath the floor.

Good luck!

1 Like

Updated following:
-gradient roof (and walls)
-no more golden blocks
-more straight fences
-completely new interior with new beams + smaller fireplace
-space underneath the floor + acces
(-better paths)

https://imgur.com/a/3jwZWvO

That’s very nice!
A lot better indeed!

For your second build, try out a Hobbit carpenter’s house, including workshop and allotments and storage shed+outhouse.

1 Like

Here´s the requested Hobbit house.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Looks good, promoted to apprentice!
Please read the below stuff, and ask any questions if you have any.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

Welcome and i hope you enjoy building with us! Can’t wait to promote you to builder.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Thanks to all that gave (and will give ^^) me feedback.
I really appreciate that c:

2 Likes

Moria plot (small): Feasthall, Epoch 2;
Coords: -134 91 2545

2 Likes

Moria plot (big): Corridor with traveler´s resting hall with feast hall & kitchen + guardroom and weel, Epoch 2;
Coords: -158 68 2516

2 Likes

EFtown: Low class shepherd, 7 beds + weaving house + barn;
Coords: 13109 71 13761

2 Likes

EFtown: Low class farmer, 8 beds + baking house + allotments;
Coords: 13105 76 13786

2 Likes

Moria west end: Resthall at the main corridor
Coords: 781 76 2368

Approved by Soap

3 Likes

You’ve done very good work! So i am promoting you to builder, congrats!

4 Likes