Builder Application: Qwertywasd01: ACCEPTED

Player name: Qwertywasd01

How did you find out about us: Through Conquest.

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: Italy

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, yes and yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: First of all, like all of you, I’m a Tolkien enthusiast. Anyway, over the years since I first joined the server I have always been busy with other projects, but kept coming back every now and then to check out new builds. Now that those projects are done, I want to join Ardacraft as I appreciate the attention to detail, lore and realism that is put in the builds here. And I like community builds, so this really is the best project for me to get involved in.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
Read:

• The Hobbit x2 (x1 Italian, x1 English)
  • The Lord of the Rings x3 (x1 Italian, x2 English)
  • The Children of Húrin x1 (Italian)
  • The Silmarillion x2 (English)

Seen:

• All the movies by Peter Jackson, too many times to count.

Portfolio: Two houses in the current styles, Rohan and Dunland, and a Caras Galadhon tree, found in my 16:-14 plot. Last two images are of an unrelated build on 4:-4. https://imgur.com/a/hXg9u7N

Plot ID: 4:-4 (outdated) and 16:-14.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m good at landscaping but I can’t say I can terraform big terrains up to your standards. I’m experienced both with rural and town houses, and even though I can build organic shapes I haven’t quite mastered elven roofs. I also have only intermediate knowledge of the AC block palette but I believe this can be easily fixed by spending more time building on the server or by reading build guides.

Other relevant skills: I would give myself a 8.5/10 in WorldEdit and a 7/10 in VoxelSniper. Can use Photoshop to edit screenshots.

3 Likes

This is a very impressive app. Your builds are up to standard, and the fact that you built an entire Mallorn by yourself shows you’re ready for the challenge of the Builder rank. Congrats

3 Likes

Italians do it better. Welcome comrade :it:

4 Likes