Builder Application: Quirkyls: ACCEPTED

Player name: Quirkyls

How long have you been a member of this project?: N/A

How old are you?: 14

Why do you want to help with this project?:

I have for a while, played on various towny servers, building towns that I can feel proud of building. However, by doing this I easily get burnt out of playing Minecraft. I wish to contribute to something I can believe in to spend my spare time on.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

I have watched both the Hobbit and and Lord of the Rings movie series. I have read “There and Back Again” but never gotten around reading his other novels.

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/GwekK
*Note: I couldn’t find the IP to the creative plot server. I have built my structure on single player.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:

Over the years while playing Minecraft, I have experienced building in various styles. I believe I am capable with all styles available. However, as of now I am most skilled in building Nordic Houses.

1 Like

Good stuff. Think you could try your hand at a Mithlond build?

The plots server isn’t open yet, so don’t worry about that.

I really, really liked the first picture in your portfolio album, and would love to see you try to build a mithlond house. Your Mithlond build does feel elven, but not very “Mithlond”. I would also suggest building in a naturally generated world and not in a flatworld, so you can show how you deal with different elevations. I’m sure you can make it to builder, because your portfolio is really promising. Unless Fornad of course thinks you already fit the bill.

Cheers

I see where you are coming from, after strolling around on the server I believe I might have made my cottage thing too open. I think it needs to be more structured to give it a Mithlond feel. Anyways, thanks for the input and best of luck to you. :wink:

2 Likes

Open is good actually. I was mostly referring to your block palette. You mostly used grey brick, and i see bordered cobble for a wall in the back of the build. You’re using slate for the roof while shingles/tiles are used in Mithlond. So basically what I’m trying to say is; make something similar using the colour scheme that can be seen at “/warp Mithlond” and “/warp North Mithlond”. You could start off by making a detailed, elegant elven arch, and then go from there in building a house, tower or maybe even something more specific such as a shipyard or lumber camp.

2 Likes

Here, see if this is any better:

I made a house using your suggestions:

First one doesnt look really elvish but the second one is pretty good.

Agreed. Accepted, welcome to the team!

1 Like