Builder Application: Philippetora: ACCEPTED

[Please delete everything in brackets]

Player name: ingame: philippetora

How did you find out about us: I found you on yt.

How old are you?: Im 16 years old

Where are you from?: Germany

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yeah i have Discord and im already on the Ardacraft Discord server.

Why do you want to help with this project?: Im a big Tolkien fan since i was a young boy. When i saw the server i was really excited, because of the detail and such things. That motivated me to join your server.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: i read lotr two times, the hobbit, the Silmarillion, middle earth and the nordic mythologie. I watched lotr and the Hobbit

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/46qPc

Plot ID: 2:-15
Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Im good in any kind of human houses. I can build elven houses, but i have bit difficulty with dwarven buildings

Other relevant skills: im good in worldpainter and worldmachine

Great Build

1 Like

This looks good, but could you please provide us with a Dwarven or Forlond build.

1 Like

please give me some time. Im very busy at the moment

1 Like

can i get a new plot?

From what I can tell, there’s enough space on your current plot.

Please build a Beorning house (in the style of /warp Burh1) and a Dwarven house (in the style of /warp Thorin’s Halls).

1 Like

as i said im very budy at the moment. I will be finished in january. I hope its ok for you!:smiley:

https://imgur.com/a/XjrvD i have already finished my work! Here are also some pictures of my uncompleted elven house. Of course you can visit the buildings by yourself.

Hey philippetora!

Very nice application! Your interior in the Dale-style mansion is great, and you’ve demonstrated a clear ability to adapt to styles with your Beorning house. You obviously have some talent for building, and finding your way with new styles, which is why i’m sure you 'll adapt to ours soon enough. I’ve promoted you to Apprentice for now. Welcome to the team!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However when we are dealing with a enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

4 Likes

built a dwarven washroom:

5030,846, 1071,427

i also built a ruin (trolltown 1)

1 Like

another ruin (trolltown2)

8266,629, -825, 580

1 Like

please stop with the spider webs. They look awful

I also think the shingles in the ruins would be gone, but other than that, doesn’t look too bad. And I agree with what Oriol is saying, don’t use cobwebs like that. Try using the pane version and tucking them in between two blocks or in corners.

1 Like

Nah shingles are fine cuz the wood exists as well, he did well of what I asked from him :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i fixed it

1 Like

fixed

Alright, i looked at the ruins in game. Simply love them, nice work! Your washing room wasn’t exactly what we were going for though, but shows a lot of promise for your dwarven builds. Congratulations on builder :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile: Yesterday i got some tips by Apti. He showed my some things and gave me some advices. So i corrected the washing hall. I hope its better now

or have you already seen the new version?