Builder Application: Peterosu: REJECTED

Thread title: Builder Application: peterosu

Player name: peterosu (lowercase ‘p’)

How long have you been a member of this project?: I have been a member of the project since early September.

How old are you? 17

Where are you from?: New Zealand

**Why do you want to help with this project?**I enjoy building in minecraft, and have been playing it for a long time. I have always enjoyed playing on other minecraft servers, but I have always wanted to contribute to a server, without having to pay. I also really enjoy Tolkien’s books involving Middle Earth, etc.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read The Hobbit, all three Lord of The Rings books, and listened to the Silmarilion on youtube.

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/Xnhba

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with? I enjoy doing anything dwarven e.g Erebor, The Iron Mountains and I also like building orc or goblin related builds, e.g Mordor. But I am quite bad at interior design.

Other relevant skills: Hand-made terra forming, world painting, musicain

1 Like

Why the blue glass?

MIthlond is a very blue place, being by the sea. Also I saw some houses with blue glass. If you don’t like it, I can change it to clear or something along those lines.

Your house is better than before, but still pretty far off our standards. I’d suggest finding a house in Mithlond and copying it block by block to get a feel for how we build things, then coming up with a unique design of your own based on what you learned.

2 Likes

Ok, I shall do that.

1 Like

IK there is a guide built somewhere around Mithlond. If u ask, someone may be able to show u that.

1 Like

Umm… I’m doing a Harland house because someone said to me that there is no point in doing a Mithlond house, because most of the exteriors are done.

I have edited it now.

Ummm… could I have a reply please?

You certainly may; I think your interiors show that you clearly have some potential, and your exterior isn’ t bad in itself either. But for it to quality as a Harlond house, in addition to being a bit lower than the required minimum standard, you’ d need to change some things around. I would start by making it so that floors are at least 4 blocks tall, so they feel less cramped. For the exterior I’ d take a good look at the roof shape of the houses you see in Harlond, and also take note of the overhang on the facade sides that’ s nearly always just 1, and rarely 2 or more blocks wide. You do have a good grasp of which block palette to use, so that’ s good. The same goes for your use of plants, you have not overdone it, which is agood thing. In conclusion, I would try yet again to make a Harlond house, using Kemce’ s guide for it. It’ s not a problem if you copy elements from it, as long as you put them on your own version of a Harlond House.You could take a vacant outline of a house from Harlond and build it on the plots. If it wouldn’ t stand out from the other houses currently already in Harlond then you’ d get accepted straight away. Good luck :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have edited it now, hopefully it is up to the standard.

1 thing right off the bat. As far as realism is concerned you should line any tile/shingle roofs with wood on the interior. Tiles have to be laid on something :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Except for the two wide rooftop I like the exterior

1 Like

Right, I’ve changed both of those things, the 2 wide roof and the lining of the roof with wood.

Looks good!

1 Like

Thanks, guan

Sorry but your builds are still not up to our standard, biggest problem atm is your interiors. They lack detail and doesn’t feel very realistic . Please try again after spending some more time looking around, there is plenty of houses with good interiors in Harlond. I am going to reject this application for now.

1 Like