Builder application: Peterosu: REJECTED

This is the template for all future applications for the rank of Builder: Replace anything in [brackets]

Thread title: Builder Application: peterosu

Player name: peterosu (lowercase ‘p’)

How long have you been a member of this project?: I am logged in now at the time of the posting of this: 3:46pm NZ time.

How old are you? 17

Where are you from?: New Zealand

**Why do you want to help with this project?**I enjoy building in minecraft, and have been playing it for a long time. I have always enjoyed playing on other minecraft servers, but I have always wanted to contribute to a server, without having to pay. I also really enjoy Tolkien’s books involving Middle Earth, etc.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read The Hobbit, all three Lord of The Rings books, and listened to the Silmarilion on youtube.

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/2wmww

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with? I enjoy doing anything dwarven e.g Erebor, The Iron Mountains and I also like building orc or goblin related builds, e.g Angband. But I am quite bad at interior design.

Other relevant skills: Hand-made terra forming, world painting.

1 Like

I suggest to explore the server better and when you know the styles of ArdaCraft, you should build houses in that style (I suggest to explore and build the Harlond style, because that is currently a very big project)

Okay, I have taken your advice and based my ‘House of man’ off one of the creations in Harlond. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Could you take the pictures during the daytime? I can barely see anything.

Don’t use torches inside a house, people living in it wont be able to breath with all the smoke. Use candles or lanterns. The interiors isn’t up to standards, i recommend checking /warp ikea on the server for tips and again, explore the server more.

6 Likes

Have changed it again

The interior needs to be broken up more, try looking at interiors in Harlond for ideas. For the exterior you use what I believe to be (light) grey stained clay, in Harlond the base blocks are Sindarian blocks. I think you should have another look around and pick some blocks.

I am not the most experienced builder so I would like other people’s opinions on my criticisms :stuck_out_tongue:

For the exterior I used sindarin wood pillars and beams for the bottom half, and I used yellow plaster block for the top half.

Could you please try a build in either the Mithlond or Harlond style? They can be found at /warp mithlond or /warp mithlond north, and /warp harlond.

What sort of blocks?

Maybe go on the server and look for yourself?

1 Like

Visit Harlond and go to a house. Have a good look at the way they are built, and what blocks go on which level. To pick blocks (in case you don’t know) is middle click

I believe guests can’t acquire any blocks, but if you warp to Harlond, you can also see a white ‘tribune’ with all the allowed to use blocks. Remember that you shouldn’t use pillar blocks for the walls ofc etc

I think they can, at least I could when I was guest about 2 months ago

I can pick blocks, and I am working on a new house. I have decided not to do the interiors though if thats Ok.

1 Like

That is not oke. Interiors are part of a build.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll have to work on the interior. It should not take long.

The house is completed. Hopefully it is up to standard…:fearful:

1 Like

Same problem again.