Builder Application: Mr_Pants: ACCEPTED

Player name:
Mr_Pants2000

How did you found out about us?:
Heard from this server on other servers, and saw some videos on youtube.

How long have you been a member of this project?:
Joined in may 2018

How old are you?:
14, almost 15

Where are you from?:
The Netherlands

Are you in our Discord?:
Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?:
I’ve been enjoying Minecraft for a while now, but I’m quite new to Conquest reforged (I’m a builder on DR though, started there in may this year).
I really like how this server keeps realism in mind and I’m a big fan of Tolkien’s masterpieces. How you guys brought
this together is just awesome. I’d like to offer my help to this server and create Tolkien’s awesome works.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
Read the Hobbit, Fellowship of the Ring, The two towers, return of the king, Silmarillion, Children of Hurin,
History of Middle Earth and the Atlas of Middle Earth.
I’ve seen all the movies too.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/g0asZMg

Plot ID: 8:-12

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I like building Dwarven style and Bree style. I like building crampy interiors too. The most diffucult for me is building
organics (like statues).

Other relevent skills:
I’vE nEveR PlaYEd FOrTnItE.

10 Likes

Overall pretty good, i like the dwarven exterior, although it is required to build a full house with interior. For interior ideas, walk around and check on some of the middle-class houses throughout Thorin’s Halls.

3 Likes

Not too bad. Seems like you can get a grasp of styles fairly easy and the dwarves exterior looks good. Guan is right, both the interior and exterior are needed. Aside from that, the Rohan house needs a bit of touching up in my opinion. And maybe a full view of a house? I think touch ups on the roof and maybe materials used in the Rohan house will be beneficial.

4 Likes

UPDATE

-Did a Dwarven interior.
-Made a new Rohan house (bigger) with interior.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/vZ8ffXb

Hope you like the new stuff!

-Pants

3 Likes

Hey,
Thanks for your application, and it looks like you’ve got a basic grasp of what Ardacraft is about and the Rohan house looks better. I can’t really judge on the dwarven house, but it definitely looks better and similar to stuff in Thorin’s Halls. There are still things to keep in mind of course, details and the way people use things and purposefulness is a huge part of Ardacraft’s goals. Try to stray away from “Vanilla-type” style which you seemed to do better on the second album. I have decided to promote you to Apprentice which should hopefully help you on the way to some of those skills.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn.

Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems.

Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

Overall, nice application, and good work. Hope to see you on soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE

Approved interior in Thorin Halls. (/warp thbuild)

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/h0tz7t4

2 Likes

UPDATE

Approved interior in Thorin Halls. (/warp thbuild)

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/n9ZrkTX

3 Likes

Looks good to me, congrats on builder :slight_smile:

2 Likes