Builder Application: Mattias_02_: ACCEPTED

Player name: Mattias_02_

How did you find out about us: Youtube, Dukonred1

How old are you? 15

Where are you from?: Sweden

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes I do

Why do you want to help with this project?: When I first saw this server I immediately fell in love with it. The builds are amazing and I would really enjoy helping recreate Middle-earth in mc. I have always wanted to join something similar and thought this would be perfect. Plus I really like Tolkiens work and the most related to it.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I just finished reading The Hobbit and have started the fellowship. Watched both trilogies, seen many videos about the legendarium and spent some time on the lotr-wiki if that matters.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/3v0Km

Plot ID: -11:13, -11:12

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Not really. Since Iā€™m used to vanilla some parts might look a bit ā€œcleanā€ but I tried to fix that. Hopefully, Iā€™ll get used to that/improve as time passes.

Other relevant skills: Decent with world edit, but I believe it requires builder+?

2 Likes

For the interior of your Dwarven house,could you take a look at the example house (the one with the green screen blocks) in TH (Thorinā€™s Halls)?TH is the only ongoing Dwarven project and the style is quite different.

Sure, should I add it?

if you mean adding pics of a redone interior (more close to the style) to the portfolio then yes

Attempted Thorinā€™s Halls

2 Likes

Not too bad, promoted to Apprentice. Would make more sense for planks to be there instead of raw logs, but thatā€™s okay. Willing to give you a shot at builder! Try to avoid messy stuff with beams like this: https://i.imgur.com/ILyDwUS.png. And also try to make floors have a different texture than the walls, i.e. not regular schist.

2 Likes

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Hereā€™s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However when we are dealing with a enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ā€˜/warp spawnā€™.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ā€˜/warp jobsā€™. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and itā€™s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

2 Likes

Built a dwarven low-class house:

Thorinā€™s Halls, Peasant Row, -6875, -2784

Iā€™ve seen it, and itā€™s looking very good! To be sure itā€™s not beginnerā€™s luck or a one time stroke of genius, iā€™m going to have to ask you to make another house before we can promote you to builder. Keep us posted!

Sure, another dwarven or somewhere else?

up to you, beorning stuff would be fine too

Another dwarven low-class house:

Thorinā€™s Halls, Peasant Row, -6884, -2813

The latest house I built got approved aswell but is that enough to get me builder? I could try another style if you want me to, just wondering.

Just one more to be sure, the last room branched off a bit weirdly to the left. Almost there!

3 Likes

I attempted the washroom in Peasant Row (TH)

1 Like

The house you built in TH looks pretty good, however, you have done a lot of dwarven stuff, could you please try a house in a beorning settlement just to show you can build other things too? Sorry for the late reply, overseers have been away for the holidays.

1 Like

Sorry I already promoted him, forgot to process this post

2 Likes