Builder Application: M1cr0s0ftman: ACCEPTED

[Please delete everything in brackets]

Player name: m1cr0s0ftman

How did you find out about us:DukunRed1 youtube videos

How old are you?: 36

Where are you from?: Houston Texas, United States

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes I have Discord although I am not always on it.

Why do you want to help with this project?: Who doesn’t love LOTR or The Hobbit? I love to build and I love to build in a medieval style. I would love to build medieval with a fantasy twist.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have seen all 6 movies (3 Hobbit and 3 LOTR movies) and i own and have read a leather-bound copy of The Hobbit.

Portfolio: Unfortunately I dont have much of an album to show anything that i have done. I am new to the Ardacraft and Conquest Reforged mods, and havent really had much chance to get pictures of anything i have built (most things that i have built on single player are all partially unfinished atm). What i do have is below (these are on the server in plotworld):

Plot ID: 8:3 and 8:4

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Well I am great at matching something that is nearby, I love Medieval builds. but i am not so great with terrain. I can build on anything, but not so great at making the terrain.

Other relevant skills: I learn very quickly.

hey Micro,

Quite like yur human houses’ exterior and most of the interiors, but there’s room for some improvement. Take a look at this image. You should try to avoid using the same material for both the walls and the floors/ceilings in order to add a little more contrast. Also, instead of lining up several types of blocks along a wall like you’ve done here, you should try and make some furniture pieces with trapdoors, or regular doors to make broom closets or other types of cupboards. For the balconies, solid metal plating for a railing is kind of unrealistic, as well as the stone railing supported by the wooden supports. Though colour-wise they look good, maybe opt for wood instead. Lastly, the basic layout of your ruins is there, but it could still be improved somewhat. I would advise you to take a closer look at some of the ruins in the Weather Hills, the bigger ones in particular. All things considered, it’s pretty good. If you could show me how you would redo the bakery interior (the one in the image i link to), i’ll gladly accept you after you’ve improved that one room!

4 Likes

i took your criticism, and put it to good use. I added more detail to the bakery including a broom closet and a pantry for spices and such along the wall where the sacks were. i also made some"improvements" to the house part of the bakery as well as you will see a new balcony/porch area. I also took your advice on the “stone flower box” did seem out of place. i made a few minor changes to some of the details in each house as well as correcting the issue with the interior walls blending with the floors/ceilings. overall i think there is still more room for improvements, as I am still learning what all is possible with the modpack. If there is anything else you can see that I might improve upon fell free to let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Still not exactly what i was looking for, but just as you’re saying yourself, some practice should get you there. Take a look at /warp fbikea once you get builder for some more inspiration. When doing an interior, somtimes less is more! No need to fill every empty spot with a bucket or barrel.