Builder Application: LynSild: ACCEPTED

Player name:
LynSild

How did you find out about us:
I found out about Ardacraft through one of Dukonred1’s streams

How old are you?:
I am 15 years old

Where are you from?: Denmark

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yes and Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?:
I want to help because I think this is a very nice server and i would liketo be able to say i built something on the map

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I have read and listened to Lotr and the Hobbit and i have seen all the movies made by Peter Jackson
I am also planning on reading the Silmarillion later this year possibly over the summer vacation

Portfolio:

Plot ID:
-1: -31

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I found the Rohan build to not be too difficult but the shape of the huts that the Dunland people live in I have some problems with

Other relevant skills:
I dont think I have any other relevant skillls

4 Likes

Already gave you feedback ingame, but wanted to say that the shape of the Dunland houses shouldn’t be a problem, since we use templates, which we past in before we open the projects for builders.

1 Like

Okay thank you for the information

Looks decent enough for apprentice rank for me.
Would need a second overseer to agree.

2 Likes

okay thank you very much

Lyn has been great and a really nice asset to the community, learning our building style and even pointing out small errors we had overlooked in DNC. Would definitely recommend for apprentice.

1 Like

Your Dunland and Rohan houses look pretty alright to me. Would it be possible for you to have a go at a Hobbit house?

1 Like

yes i can try that

2 Likes

I have completed my hobbit house and i have uploaded the pictures of it

Thanks for doing the Hobbit house, seems pretty much up-to-standard to me.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

1 Like

Hi Eaglz i belive i have completed the build that you asked me to do now
the nearest warp is /warp willowbottom
and the coordinates are -236 23 169

3 Likes

i have now finished the garden i was supposed to make
the nearest warp is willowbottom
and the coordinates are -273 23 169

2 Likes

I have also now finished the road gradient
the nearest warp is ard phuing
and the coordinates are 6960 70 8848

4 Likes

He did the entire gradient in the road going from AP to Dun Thuaidh to be more precise

3 Likes

darnok and i have completed the candlemaker in whitfurrows
we have alos completed the things we were asked to add or change
the nearest warp is whitfurrow
the coordinates are -467 24 -590

1 Like

There is a house in Willowbottom with an exclamation mark that needs to have the garden done, would you be able to do it? If so just start on it whenever it suits.

Thanks

I have finished the garden in willowbottom
the nearest war is willowbottom and the coordinates are -236 23 173

1 Like

I have built a hobbit house in whitfurrows
the nearest warp is /warp whitfurrows
the coordinates are -449 24 -536

2 Likes

i have completed the farm house
the nearest warp is budgeford
the coordinates are -427 23 -645

1 Like