Builder Application: Ludwig90 REJECTED

Player name: Ludwig90

How did you find out about us: Over Youtube and Planetminecraft

How old are you?: 28

Where are you from?: Germany

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I have been on smaller servers, but want to be part of a bigger project. And since I love Lord of the Rings, this seems to be the perfect place for me.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I read the Silmarillion, the Hobbit and the trilogy and watched every movie. I also checked Ardapedia ofc.

Portfolio: The first pictures show my plot, the others are from a private server:
https://imgur.com/a/CSseeNy

Plot ID: -10:14

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I am good with any medieval style, I prefer northern, western and central European styles. I´d love to build in Rohan and other lands of the humans.

Other relevant skills: I am very interested in medieval architecture and read a lot about it, if that is of any use.

10 Likes

Hi, overall this app is very good and you’ve clearly demonstrated an ability to build using the CR mod.

There are however some things that could be improved which I will give feedback on for your builds in the future.

First of all your thatch could do with some work; there are little lines on thatch blocks that should really be lined up with the other blocks. You have done this on your two main houses but the diagonal one is a bit of a mess. The roof on the storage shed is also a bit funky; with small structure like that Id stick to using wood/shingle and avoiding overhangs like you’ve done. Secondly, your overall colour scheme could be improved, especially in the the main group of houses. It has too many dark brown blocks of similar colour making it feel a bit monotonous. I know Rohan is comparatively a pretty dull style but just try to vary the colours either with the roof, soil, walls or with some more vegetation/grass around the edges of the paths. Finally, your 4:1 angled house is slightly lacking in both style and structure; it has too much of a grid feel with the 4x4 wall panels and the stairs on the roof look pretty bad. It’s great that you’ve tried a diagonal build but with Rohan houses and diagonal houses in particular it’s often better to go for a more simple wall structure of just 1 or 2 textures instead of using beam pillars. Incorporating vertical slabs can really help with this but just make sure each panel has even spacing i.e. 2x full block, 2x half slab, 2x full block.

Overall a really good effort and one of the better apps I’ve seen with the Rohan style. Now, before we promote you apprentice I’m going to ask you to try to build a house in another one of our two current styles. These are Dwarven (Thorins Halls) and Wood Elvish (Lothlorien). You are free to choose which style you please but I’d reccomend having a look at both before making a decision. Type /warp Thorin’s Halls for Dawrven style and /warp LV9 for Lorien style.

Once you’ve built a house and interior for one of these styles on plots, please take some screenshots and post them on this thread. Good luck!

9 Likes

Any update on this app?

Rejected due to inactivity