Builder Application: Liquar: ACCEPTED

Player name: Liquar

How did you find out about us: The Ardacraft youtube channel.

How old are you?: 16

Where are you from?: Netherlands, Alkmaar

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Discord is always running when i’m on my pc.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I have seen a lot of places on ardacraft already and I really like the way you guys build, i am a fan of the middle earth project for like 7 years already and have a lot of experience with building, so for me it would be the perfect project to build on.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have seen the lotr and hobbit movies for like 4 times already, read the hobbit and the first 2 books of lotr (still have to finish the third).

Portfolio: Dwarven: https://imgur.com/a/vNQEOYS
Rohan: https://imgur.com/a/Pk2bEIX
Didn’t put all the rooms of the dwarf house in the Imgur map, it’s on my plot. (Couldn’t use any paintings or item frames)

Plot ID: -11:-15

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Let’s just skip this one.

Other relevant skills: Hmm I can work with voxel and world edit quite good. :slight_smile:

Bbye ~ Luuk

8 Likes

It might help if you’d actually leave a hole somewhere in the rock so i’m able to see the build on the server. Right now i can’t get in.

3 Likes

Made a door at the front side, it’s ready to be inspected.

2 Likes

I think the fact you are dutch makes it so you have to wait for your reply for a bit dont worry :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah okay, my english is not a problem btw.

You’ve put a lot of effort into this application, and it’s very well done. There’s always room for improvement, but that will happen with time. For now, we’ve decided to promote you to the rank of Apprentice. Please be sure to read all the information below, and good luck with the rest of your application!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn.

Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems.

Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

7 Likes

Made a diagonal low class house in Folcmund. 5 man.
Closest warp: Folcmund, Coords: 9276/12104

Made a new low class 7 man house next to my first one.
Closest warp: Folcmund, Coords: 9279,12116

Good work so far. Here are a few issues:

You need a layer of blocks between the thatch roof and the ceiling to generate shadows.

A few things you need to know about gardens/plants/fields.

• Tall wheat, barley and so on, grows in large fields and not gardens.
  • Do not mix vegetables, plants together like you have done here. Look at the example houses. Carrots, beans, etc, are normally separated and in small patches 6-8. One family do not need every single vegetable there is.
  • You have also mixed in some random plants within your garden. Remember this, every plant has a specific purpose on our server. Some grow next to streams, some only on different types of rock. When you are unsure of what goes where look at example houses or ask someone for help.

Exterior and interior are pretty good. Please fix the points above. Looking forward to your next house.

Cheers.
Kemce

4 Likes

Fixed it :wink:

Since fronacen has been busy lately and there hasnt been progress on the lime-pits chev and I have decided to have liquar take a shot at making them.

we know its a big task for an apprent but we think he can pul it off. To be safe we copied the lime-pits into FB so he can build them there and if they are good enough they will be pasted in

NOTE:
This small project is approved and will be pasted into ME

9 Likes

Middle class house in Folcmund, 5 man.
Closest warp: Folcmund, Coords: 9293, 12111

1 Like

Farmers house in helmham 6 man.
Closest warp: Helmham, coords: 8900,11712.

3 Likes

I’d like to recommend that Liquar get promoted to builder. He has the skills and is easy to work with.

6 Likes

I second this :+1:

4 Likes

Liquar has done a great job so far! Welcome to the team, promoted to builder.

9 Likes