How long have you been a member of this project?:
February 2017

How old are you?:

Where are you from?:
Wisconsin, Milwaukee area

Are you in our Discord?:
yes

Why do you want to help with this project?:
I am a massive Tolkien fan and I have been playing minecraft since its alpha stages. I wish to build and help expand the world in lore friendly ways and introduce my own build style and techniques to the server. I want to learn with the community and help create the best representation of the Tolkien universe that I possibly can. As far as I can see, this project is far more comprehensive than MCME and is worthy of being recognized as such.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I have read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the Silmarillion. I’ve also seen basically every version of the movies available, including the animated version of The Hobbit. I have also played Shadow of Mordor, Battle for Middle-Earth 2, Third Age, and Return of the King. I take all the video games at face value as none of them are very friendly towards the canon.

Portfolio:
http://imgur.com/a/gbqsq

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I love building in an Elven/asian/nordic style. I consider myself an expert on boat anatomy and I do a lot of work with custom trees. If I had a weak spot, I would say making things look organic or rustic is more difficult for me. Terrain editing is something that I need to get better at, but I intend to learn as much as possible.

Other relevant skills: I have done a decent amount of texture work for my own variant of conquest for the server that I own. I have been working to make it very vanilla based and accessible to everyone, no matter the capabilities of their machine.

Summary
Hey all, Lionelis here. I am the owner of the 6 year old, critically acclaimed, server “Hermertia.com”. My server was mentioned in RockPaperShotgun.com’s “Guide to Servers 2014”, alongside Hypixel, Civcraft, and WesterosCraft. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/15/best-minecraft-servers-2014/

I know that I am very new here and that I meet none of the loyalty/trust levels, but I was just so entranced with the idea of becoming part of the server and working towards something I care about with like-minded people. I only heard about this place recently from an /r/minecraft post, though ive seen posts from the account before that I thought were super nice.

I am absolutely open to criticism and learning everything I can about the community and world that is being built here. This application is here to open discussion. If you have any doubts about who I am, ask. If you want to see more builds from me, ask me to show you what I’ve got. If you want to know more about myself and who I am in general, ask away. I am here to prove that I can be a valuable member to the community and i am confident that I can quell your doubts and then some.

6 Likes

Hi Lionel, this is a very impressive application - however we require that you build something in our modpack to show that you’re familiar with our modblocks and style of building.

Stunning portfolio, curious to see what you are capable of building with our modpack!

Really nice indeed! Think you could go onto our plots and build something dwarvish?

I mean, there’s a possibility you’ll get accepted.

I say, you are rather good. I reckon you’ll get accepted.

1 Like

Hey again. Thank you for all of the comments. I will be working on a Dwarven themed build, since it was requested, on the server to show off what I can do. I’m a little busy with actual life at the moment, but I think I’ll have some time tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hey Lionelis, haven’t heard from you in a while. Are you still working on your app?

Hey, sorry about the inactivity. Life stuff actually ramped up a bit. Unfortunately I’ll probably be inactive for the time being. I do intend on finishing my application eventually and becoming more involved, but I don’t know when I’ll have a decent amount of free time again. Hopefully in a couple weeks time things will have died down for me, but for the time being you can consider me inactive.

No need to apologize at all. I’ll reject this application for now. Next time just copy paste it and make a new thread :slight_smile: Just be sure to include the same portfolio and a build with our modpack

1 Like